Official: Joey Barton signs 2 year deal with Rangers

Apparantly has had a great season with Burnley. I heard an interview with him on Talksport a few days ago and he was talking very maturely about the mistakes he made when he was younger and how he just loves playing and has calmed right down. No mention of Rangers in it even though the rumours were rife online by then.

Certainly a step up in quality from the players we have in midfield, not sure if his temperament can be relied upon, or if he would be a good fit into our shape. That is for Warburton to work out. Would certainly be happier with this signing than some of these teenage gambles as he is a quality player with great experience. He would certainly be a gamble but certainly less so than Crooks, Windass, or Rossiter.

Edited by Tannochsidebear

"mistakes he made" seems rather a gloss over for the crimes and misdemeanours that he has accrued. I rate him as a player and think he'd be ideal in our system, but as a person the debit column is long and distasteful. I can imagine what we'd be saying and the cuttings we'd be circulating were he to have signed for another Glasgow club. (No, not Thistle).

Oh well, in MW I have to trust and whatever will be, will be....SSN have been showing a clip of him up with us.

Edited by SteveC

I got exited, was walking and listening to fitba and heard the rabids name. Aye, should be in other thread, hang my head in shame lol.

No need to go that far mate:),just easier to keep an eye on all ''the rumours'':smokin: