Official: Joey Barton signs 2 year deal with Rangers

The more this runs on the less likely I think it will happen. I have to agree with the post re more likely to play for them as tbh I had never imagined the likes of him playing for us. He's a decent player however not great and with a very suspect past. It's we who are taking a chance on him not the other way round. Add to all that he had been a vocal cheerleader for the Bheasts on Twitter then let him go, if he is asking us to wait for an answer then it's bye bye son, jog on with Burnley.

Well informed poster on FF has posted that Barton is booked into a hotel in Glasgow tonight to try and complete the deal.

He did drive home last night but I guess he could easily have made up his mind and came straight back up today.

Well informed poster on FF has posted that Barton is booked into a hotel in Glasgow tonight to try and complete the deal.

Personally I don't believe that is the case. I don't think he would have gone home after playing golf at Loch Lomond yesterday, to come back up again today, and I don't think he will rush any decision either. I think he is putting himself in the shop window for a 2 to 3 year deal, maybe even with Burnley again. Probably still in a huff with Burnley because they didn't have a medal for him.

He stubbed a cigar in a teammate's eye. To be fair if the tims were after him everyone would be reacting quite differently. He isn't really a player I ever saw us looking at; he's more the type of player I could see playing for them.

Didnt remember the cigar stuff but it rings a bell now that it has been brought up here. It really does sound more like a timmy signing than us, but that is not to say we havent had our share of reprobates in the past (Gazza, Duncan F, Ricksen to name but 3!)

Personally I don't believe that is the case. I don't think he would have gone home after playing golf at Loch Lomond yesterday, to come back up again today, and I don't think he will rush any decision either. I think he is putting himself in the shop window for a 2 to 3 year deal, maybe even with Burnley again. Probably still in a huff with Burnley because they didn't have a medal for him.

Surely he would want to discuss things with his wife? From what I heard he only lives 3 hours from Glasgow easy enough to do it 2 days in a row. I know a girl that drives 2 hours to her work everyday 5 days a week. 9to5

I'm sorry but I don't think someone who has spent 6 months in prison for multiple assault convictions should be anywhere near Rangers. I don't care if he's a reformed man he shouldn't ever pull a light blue jersey on. I kept hoping this was just a paper story but as it's clear it's genuine I'm appalled. I don't care how good a player he is, he should never be a Rangers player.