Official: Joey Barton signs 2 year deal with Rangers

Reading a lot about him having a chequered past but must admit I haven't a clue what he has been guilty of away from football. On the pitch he has had several red cards and has a rep of being a bad influence. Is it fair to say that since he went to France (remember the awful accented interview lol!!) and then back with Burnley there has not been much negative stuff?

Is this for the role we tried to line Eustace up for last year perhaps?

This is what I was thinking.

The guy has just won player of the year for Burnley so he clearly still has ability. As for his temperament, I think he has matured in that respect in the past year. He'll still have a bit of bite to his game which I feel we need... just hope we aren't bending over for his wage demands. (Making an assumption he'll be asking for a hefty wage)

This is what I was thinking.

The guy has just won player of the year for Burnley so he clearly still has ability. As for his temperament, I think he has matured in that respect in the past year. He'll still have a bit of bite to his game which I feel we need... just hope we aren't bending over for his wage demands. (Making an assumption he'll be asking for a hefty wage)

doubt if he'd be up here looking around if his wages hadn't been discussed already

For what it's worth , he hasn't been sent off recently ... he was Burnley player of year and championship player of year.. so those who think he won't have a part to play are kidding themselves

Edited by blueflag