Scottish Cup Final fall out: Anti-Rangers coverage must cease

The problem is that it won't cease. There will be a few days of penance and it will then continue unabated.

We are despised in our own country by everyone for very little reason. I still would rather resign from the league and leave them to it. See how far they get without us.

Despicable. And even more disgusting ? That plenty are not only not condemning not it but actually denying the undeniable.

That might be the answer but what happens every time we bring this up? This board fills up with folk telling us how England doesn't want us and it would never happen, blah blah.. The recent football league re-vamp might finally give us that chance.

Strip them of their European place and give it to fourth spot in the league, closed door to hibs fans for 3/4 games and heavily fined to the tune of all income they receive from the cup final. Cancel the parade in Edinburgh also. Absolutely zero tolerance should be the approach.

Impressive stuff from Pacific Quay this morning, as a brisk chat concludes it was exuberance not violence, it was the police's fault, and it wasn't that bad anyway because someone on Twitter said so. Then an in depth examination about how Muirfield's seismic decision shames Scotland's reputation. The coverage isn't going to change anytime soon!

Btw I'd imagine we've also heard the end of the repealing the OBA.

Impressive stuff from Pacific Quay this morning, as a brisk chat concludes it was exuberance not violence, it was the police's fault, and it wasn't that bad anyway because someone on Twitter said so. Then an in depth examination about how Muirfield's seismic decision shames Scotland's reputation. The coverage isn't going to change anytime soon!

Btw I'd imagine we've also heard the end of the repealing the OBA.

I come up with Obamacare or the Oklahoma Bankers Association. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Our fans en masse showed amazing restraint

that had the potential to be way worse than 1980

I suppose the Rangers Hibs games will now be played in atmosphere of absolute poison in future and the policing at Easter road has been diabolical in the past also.

Edited by jhunter

It must be time that fans and club get together and plan our next move together. We all know this is going to be swept under the carpet and if someone was seriously hurt or injured in our support, nothing would be done. Six team players and staff have just been attacked for goodness sake!! Whats happening?? If we get the chance to move down south with this revamp, we must take it, don't look back and leave them to fight with themselves as we are no longer here. Until then we must take some action as a club and a support and stick to it. I am seriously concerned for the safety of supporters in this place, I won't wax lyrical regarding deeper social issues but we all know they are there. There are media and political influence's that are dehumanising our support, we need to collectively act together.

Our fans en masse showed amazing restraint

that had the potential to be way worse than 1980

I suppose the Rangers Hibs games will now be played in atmosphere of absolute poison in future and the policing at Easter road has been diabolical in the past also.

To be honest the Rangers support has really moved away from the low working class that it was in the 70's. If the support of the seventies were at Hampden yesterday their would have been a repeat of 1980.

We go up into the top tier and we as a support will be goaded and some. The fall-out will always involve us as the common denominator and guess how that would or will be reported.

Our club need to use this opportunity to publicly make clear the real and dangerous situation that the 'general narrative' that Frankie aludes to has helped fuel.

That general narrative can't and won't be 'turned off' but it can be challenged and in some cases, eg. public broadcaster perhaps diluted........IF the right pressure is exerted.