The circle is round: Police 'source' claims RFC fans blocked their response

That is absolute lies!! I was in that crowd walking past those vans, convoy of about 10 vans went past(sorry wasn't counting maybe more) people were NOT standing in the way, they were clapping sarcastically and yes some did give some hand gestures which is hardly surprising given their incompetence. I don't know anyone on here so don't know who reads this. I had a child with me as did others. This article is lies, dammed LIES!! Nobody that I saw put their kids at risk?? Are we really going to accept this?? I'm sure most of you know my feeling on plod, now you know why!!

I left the stadium bang on the final whistle and was one of the first out. I walked up Letherby Drive towards Cathcart Road and it was starting to get busy. All of sudden there were shouts and mounted police turned the corner, 2 abreast shouting in an aggressive manner for everyone to get out the way and they galloped towards the stadium.

Police vans? At that point, no sign. Not one.

I guess they eventually arrived when the streets were choc-a-block but it would have been too late at that point.

The 2016 Scottish Cup Final?

Isn't that the one where the Rangers supporters ambushed the police outside the ground, to

prevent them entering and stopping their comrades' vicious and sustained assault on the men, women,

and children innocently, if exuberantly, celebrating Hibs victory?

We were lucky there weren't deaths.......

There would seem to be various opportunities opening up but we have to be careful about how we go about taking them and not fall into traps.

The club and main supporters group should maybe get together for 'a chat'.

As Frankie inferred on Saturday night, boxing clever will be more effective than instintive anger.

By the time I got to the concourse at the top of the steps (and I didn't especially dawdle) the damage had already been done - the pitch had been invaded, the players accosted, the scuffle had been incited, and the fans appeared to be getting separated.

So by the time the roads outside were packed with fans it was already too late. All that remained to be done was to get the Hibs fans back in their seats. And as has been mentioned above, if the plan was to speed down the road to Hampden 5 minutes after a major event had just ended, it was about as ill-conceived as possible.

Also, this doesn't sound like a police statement to me:

This isn’t a few bad eggs in the crowd – this was everyone walking past us.

Would the police really make a stupid, exaggerated blanket accusation like that?

Edited by Thinker

I am absolutely raging!! I know a lot were not in that crowd he is addressing, I was, the exact convoy he is indicating. Nobody put themselves in the way of vans, or kids, people were CROSSING THE ROAD, therefore they would be in front of the vans. There were thousands leaving at the one time, this was inevitable as people streamed away from the ground. Why wasn't there anyone halting people from crossing to allow them easier access if that were the case?? I can assure everyone it was nothing like NI. There is cameras all over that area, if this is true show us the evidence?? This is unbelievable?? What's happening??

Apologies for the capital letters, I am so angry. This is just lies!.

Edited by cooponthewing

Of course if 20.000 people are trying to leave the stadium roads and gateways are going to be blocked. that people would put their kids wilfully in the way of the police sounds absolute tripe. They came from a mile away ffs. This is a stitch-up.

Frankly I don't believe a word of this for a number of reasons. Claims allegedly coming from some anonymous cop? This as an example.

Really? That means anything? It's ludicrous and it could just as well say one account given to the record said aliens prevailed outside for all the worth such rambling has. I kept looking for some official acknowledgement of such a claim and this is the nearest they can get to any such thing.

Not even a hint of a comment backing up the claims of this article.

A high up police officer will not want to burn his fingers on a statement like that without serious proof.