The circle is round: Police 'source' claims RFC fans blocked their response

" RANGERS managing director Stewart Robertson has vowed to take action against any Ibrox supporter found guilty of disorder at the Scottish Cup final.

But Robertson has reiterated the club's belief that the finger of blame for the chaotic and violent scenes witnessed at Hampden on Saturday should still be pointed at the Hibernian fans who swarmed onto the pitch.

The Hibs faithful flooded on to the playing surface in their thousands to celebrate their first cup triumph in over a century.

But the jubilant scenes which followed the Leith side's 3-2 win quickly turned sour when a section of the Easter Road support headed straight for the Rangers end to taunt and goad their rivals.

Several of the Light Blues' players were targeted while fights broke out as Gers supporters also spilled onto the pitch.

Rangers issued a statement on Sunday night admitting a "tiny minority" of their fans had entered the playing surface but only to "protect our players and officials".

However, speaking at the launch of the Club 1872 supporters group, Robertson said: "We don't condone violence and we will wait to see what comes out of the investigations. We will deal with any Rangers fans in the appropriate manner.

"But we have to remember is was the Hibs fans who came over the wall. It was the Hibs' fans who ran over the half-way line towards the Rangers fans. They provoked, they goaded, they taunted.

"In no shape or form do we condone any fan who came onto the pitch

"But I don't think we can get away from the fact that it was Hibs fans who came onto the park and provoked them."

Easter Road chairman Rod Petrie has promised to work with the authorities to ensure "those who have transgressed face the consequences of their actions".

Police Scotland - which has so far made more than a dozen arrests - has launched a criminal investigations into the shocking scenes, while the Scottish Football Association is also setting up a independent commission to examine the causes of the trouble.

But Rangers remain angry that the safety of their players and staff were put in jeopardy.

Now Robertson hopes the enquiries being carried out can also help to pinpoint a solution that guarantees there will be no repeat next season when his side return to Scotland's top-flight. "

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-chief-stewart-robertson-says-8055881?

She as removed herself from Twitter.... no doubt we will have the usual "death threats from sevco fans" as the fall-back position.

She may end up being thrown to the wolves with the DR citing here tweeting history as a reason, in an effort to 'stop the bleeding'.

ps. Have I used enough cliches to be able to apply for a job as a SMSM hack ?

She may end up being thrown to the wolves with the DR citing here tweeting history as a reason, in an effort to 'stop the bleeding'.

ps. Have I used enough cliches to be able to apply for a job as a SMSM hack ?

More likely she will be eulogized. Though I hope you are right.

No chance she'll lose her job given the editor has defended her already in print.

Editor must be being told by more than one person that story is kosher but I'd very much doubt he's got more to go on than their word and it's doubtful any footage will be released prior to the commission.

I'd be interested to know if Irvine/MH is currently contracted and doing work for the Police Federation.

I notice the line has mellowed slightly from the MD, I hope this is not the start of the club backtracking and cowering to this lot? We mustn't let this happen. This will become one heck of a stich up, they are already reeking of misinformation and collusion in an attempt to fabricate what happened on Sunday. We must keep on top of this, what happens the next time before we take this corrupt little place to task?? Will some poor supporter have to lose their life or that of a loved one before we manage to show the world what's happening here? Sunday was a very very lucky escape as the incompetence and arrogance of what we term Plod Scotland is breathtaking as is their suggested collusion with those in the corridors of power. Players were physically assaulted at their work and they are spinning this tangled web of deceit.

Just logged in to this I was waiting on Cathcart Road for friends at a spot I got to approx ten minutes after final whistle and there were no vans there then .

Eventually the started to appear after about another ten- fifteen minutes

From one of the vans half a dozen of the plod got out and started shoving women,men & kids into the side this is when abuse started but nothing was thrown the biggest danger was the "Billy Boys" being sung.

I notice the line has mellowed slightly from the MD, I hope this is not the start of the club backtracking and cowering to this lot? We mustn't let this happen. This will become one heck of a stich up, they are already reeking of misinformation and collusion in an attempt to fabricate what happened on Sunday. We must keep on top of this, what happens the next time before we take this corrupt little place to task?? Will some poor supporter have to lose their life or that of a loved one before we manage to show the world what's happening here? Sunday was a very very lucky escape as the incompetence and arrogance of what we term Plod Scotland is breathtaking as is their suggested collusion with those in the corridors of power. Players were physically assaulted at their work and they are spinning this tangled web of deceit.

I don't see the line softening - acknowledging that there are Bears who misbehaved, and that we will help find them, is absolutely the right things to say. Once you've established that, & we failed to do so at the weekend, you can put the boot into the people responsible, which Robertson did. I'm pleased with his statement.