Doesn't hide the fact that we were absolutely fucking diabolical tonight, i could round up 11 people from my street to have beaten Rangers tonight!

Thank your lucky stars that this tie isn't over yet, and surely to fuck we can't play as bad against them again ........ surely?

Osasuna pretty much had their way with us.

Whilst the tie isnt beyond us we will struggle badly over there, especially when easily our best player (AND most creative) is suspended, whilst Osasuna were fielding a badly weakened team some of whom will likely come back in.

I think we can score over there but without BF it will be a big struggle to create anything - having said that, we may now be looking at Buffel coming in and performing the BF role, one which he may relish.

Can we prevent them from scoring 2 though ????

i thought buffel was injured?

Even worse then...

How sad is it that if BF is injured or suspended that I cannot think of another fit player with any invention and creation in our team ???

Doesn't hide the fact that we were absolutely fucking diabolical tonight, i could round up 11 people from my street to have beaten Rangers tonight!

Thank your lucky stars that this tie isn't over yet, and surely to fuck we can't play as bad against them again ........ surely?

Agreed, did our players have four mince pie suppers each before the game?,they were breathing out of there arse,fucking dire :ffs:

Random thoughts....

For most of the first half it was as if we were playing with 10 men. They were closing us down all over the pitch and we just couldn't get in the game.

The lack of movement across the pitch was shocking. I lost track of how many times players all over the pitch had no options and ended up passing back or losing possession as they were closed down. Pretty basic stuff.

Really frustrating as well that Hemdani looks so comfortable on the ball and was trying to be positive tonight, yet we still played him very deep. Going on his willingness to get forward, I'd have swapped him and Fergie around. Ferguson got dragged deeper and deeper in the first half particularly, which left us with 3 defensive midfielders.

Strange that our defense looked all over the place at times. In the replays for their goal, the marking was very slack and Ehiogu seemed to be trying to marshal the other players but they seemed to be ignoring him.

Klos had a couple of excellent saves, the sort he used to make really. I still think that he's head and shoulders above McGregor, but we all know its not as simple as that. I have to say, it was good to see him back between the sticks though.

I thought Alan Hutton played well after getting that booking, but yet again his short fuse almost cost us. There's still a bit of a temper problem, a petulance, that seems to dog him, Fergie and Boyd. They could do with that knocking out of them as its only going to cost us, particularly in Europe.

Hemdani's goal was a peach and on the basis of this season, I hope we hold on to him as he is one of the few class players we have. but if we do, we need to play to his strengths instead of stifling them which we've done for the majority of his time here.

Boyd had his usual game but even by his standards he looked isolated up front.

Prso and Sebo both had some nice touches when they came on, but even Novo couldn't really get in to the game.

I think we need to go back to a 4-4-2 as Fergie gets drawn far too deep when things aren't going his way, for this current system to work.

I also still think that a lot of our problems are down to a lack of a truly attacking midfielder who can grab the game by the scruff and actually turn it when its not going our way. There's a huge missing link in the side just now which means that no matter who plays up front, we're going to struggle to score, especially against better opposition. We're just not creating enough chances at the moment and a good start would be to get some decent cross balls in from either wing.

1-1 gives us a fighting chance, but we'll have to be a lot better than we were tonight. The players just didn't look interested and in the end we were lucky not to be on the wrong end of a 3-0 scoreline.

surely celtic must have been on there minds tonight, them going out last night and then them facing us on sunday.

lucky is all i'll say.

Celtic shouldnt be on their minds though! Never thought i'd say this, but i dont give a fuck about Sunday's result ......i do, however, care about this UEFA cup run!!

What is it with Charlie Adam ... when he's good, he's good, but when's he's bad, he is fucking diabolical ........ we could have put a carthorse on the left side and looked better :(

To be honest i can see us doing better without Fergie. We have to put two strikers on though,with Novo and Burke on the wings.

-----------------Klos----------

Hutton------Svensson---------Weir-------Murray

Novo---------Thomson-----Hemdani--------Burke---(Adam?????)

------------------Boyd-------Prso-------------

Prso has to play and should have started tonight, he is still a handfull for any defender.