Cummings Dunked Into Swimming Pool By Rangers Fan

Puerile, unnecessary behaviour.

How did Cummings react?

People don't realise the safety issues when doing things like that. If someone was swimming past at that moment they could have been seriously injured. If he landed on someone just below the neck it could have broken it. Pulling a chair away from somebody is another supposed joke that can have serious consequences.

You would think you'd live in the 21st century. But the behaviour and antics of some people these days is mind-boggling. Maybe one should ban mobiles and internet acces from people mentally aged 15 or less. At least until they test positively for brains.

Here we have a daft chap playing a needless prank on a person similarly careless about his surroundings. And then you get this ...

Hibees have started a petition demanding the First Minister take action against Rangers fans holidaying in a popular Spanish resort.

Furious fans of the Easter Road club have set up an online page calling for Nicola Sturgeon to ban Rangers fans from attending party venue Ocean Beach Club in Ibiza following a viral video of striker Jason Cummings being pushed into a pool.

The video which went viral yesterday shows an enraged Rangers fan pretending to pose with the 20-year-old star before pushing him into a pool directly behind the pair.

The clip has not been looked upon favourably by Hibees and sparked an online petition on Change.org claiming the man tried to drown the starlet.

The petition, entitled "Ban all rangers fans from ocean beach club after their attempt to drown Jason Cummings" has attracted 170 signatures and is addressed to Nicola Sturgeon and "The People".

It reads: "Today a video emerged of Hibernian striker, resident can of beans opener, known for summoning the touch of an angel and looking a little like Pirlo, was assaulted and almost drowned by a Rangers FC fan.

The attack was in retaliation to him scoring goals against Rangers. Merely doing his job. Please ban all Rangers fans from ocean beach club so he can holiday without fearing for his life."

Rangers fans have jumped on board and left their comments on the page.

Kenneth Harris said: "This disgraceful behaviour must stop."

Angela Quinn said: "I am signing this petition because it is only a game of football when are these fans going to realise this."

James Brown said: "I'm signing because these scumbags needs to be sorted and let Jason cummings enjoy his holiday in peace rather than attempting to drown him."

The popular Ibiza nightclub is a favourite amongst footballers and reality stars as well as a popular destination for millions of Scottish holidaygoers.

The video follows a triumphant Scottish Cup win for Hibs against Rangers which sparked violent and chaotic scenes after the Scottish Cup final.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14543626.Hibs_fans_demand_First_Minister_bans_Rangers_fans_from_Spanish_resort_after_Jason_Cummings_prank/?ref=mrb&lp=5

... from people running amok at Hampden. When will some far more serious happen, you wonder.

Shit, I didn't realize that Scotland were Europe's Master Nation and that the SNP First Minister was the European dictator.

What jurisdiction would Sturgeon have over a Spanish island ?

You know that this is all very clearly an attempt to downplay the actions of Hibs fans in the SC final. It will be interesting though if Sturgeon gets involved in what was nothing more than high jinks from two lads on holiday yet does nothing about the physical assault of players in their workplace.

To be honest though, I wish the lad hadn't thrown him in the pool - it is just one example of us not, as Frankie put it, "boxing clever".

I'm I missing something here?? "Magaluf, lads holiday, lad gets thrown in pool" where is the story?? This is ridiculous! When Frankie said box clever, he sure as the sun will rise wasn't talking about nicking off on your summer hols and don't throw anyone in the pool!! This is madness! I'm not going to say anything about their players or fans as I will get banned.

Edited by cooponthewing