I think it was Cammy who said WS has his work cut out to get us back on track. By god, was that a fair comment!!

Maybe some who believe that the likes of Adam and Boyd should be playing need to convince this Bear. Adam can turn it on on occassion but when he is poor he is very poor.

WS hasnt helped his cause be going into a big European match (one that we needed to win to give us an advantage) by playing a 4-5-1 formation with the 1 upfront being useless. Yes Boyd gets goals but they are easy goals that many fans sitting in the stadium would be able to score. After that he offers absolutely ZERO to the team. Its like the situation in US football when a kicker comes on to get the field goal - thats all he does. But im afraid in the real game of football that goal scorer HAS to over something else than tap in's that anyone could get.

Cammy also stated that there are only 3 players who are good enough to be playing at the club - Ferguson, Hemdani and Thompson. I would go along with the first 2 but I wasnt over impressed with us signing Thompson and he hasnt shown me much in the few games ive seen him that he is good enough - maybe he will come good - yet to be seen.

Id also add Klos, Weir, Ehiogu and Prso to that list but they are all at the end of there careers. For almost 2 years and 3 different managers ive been saying Klos must play, as keepers like this dont come around too often and they can win you points. He has been wasted on the sidelines while bombscares like Wattereus, Letizi and McGregor have played :confused:

Now we have an Old firm match coming up (see OF preview) and then we need to take off for Spain in a match we HAVE to score in. Its not impossible but as usual we have made it very difficult for ourselves.

So not only do we have out work cut out to change the current squad, we have our work cut out to qualify for the next round of the UEFA cup. I think all bears would accept going out of the UEFA cup if we gave 110% and tried our pants off with the manager making positive decisions - but if we go out in a poor manner like this then he will come in for critisism.

Agree with most of whats said there. The 4 5 1 formation does us no favours at all and boyd is the one who suffers most here. The service to him again was appauling and he was left fighting for scraps like he was against hibs.

I think walter has to take some of the blame for not doing his homework here and picking the wrong team though. Novo should have started the match and we should have played with two strikers. expect a 4 4 2 in the next leg.

Only thing I'd disagree with Gribz is Klos. No doubting he is a decent shot-stopper, but he's past his best. He can't kick a ball and still, after all this time, looks vunerable at cross balls - see goal last night.

Hopefully that sobering performance last night will finally open the eyes of those who believe that the current management / board are the people to take us forward.

For the last 7 years we have been going backwards and that trend looks like it will continue for the foreseeable future. We MUST get rid of those who are killing our club before it is too late (if it isn't already too late).

As the Pistols once roared - No Future - kinda sums up Rangers at the moment

Cammy F

I agree with some of what you are saying mate.

The only two points i disagree with are Klos, who done brilliantly last night at shot stopping but i dont think he should be playing until the end of the season, he dosent fill me with confidence with high balls and kicking is a big part of being a goalkeeper, to have a defender taking goal kicks all the time is poor, maybe when a keeper has a knock but not everytime we have a goal kick, it puts us on the back foot and allows the opposition to push right up waiting for the ball to get pumped back up towards our penalty area.

The only other point is Kris Boyd who was totally posted missing last night and should never ever get played up front on his own again. I dont agree that many fans in the stadium could offer what he can, if he is playing up front with a decent partner i believe he is worth a place in the team but im not going to get into all that again.

Smith really needs to get his finger out his arse, all this Mr nice guy not wanting to upset either Ferguson Hemdani or Thompson by dropping them isnt good enough, everyone knows playing one up front didnt work for PLG and imo we have been pretty fortunate to get away with it for the few games before last night, i really hope that last night has taught Walter that this will not do. We are not some we didy Scottish team who play a containing game hoping for a break up the park, We should be dominating and enforcing ourselves in games.

I agree with RB & Cammy on the matter of Klos.

He is a better shot stopper than MacGregor, but i dont really see the point of playing Klos until the end of the season when we already know he's leaving and its more than likely Macgregor will be our No. 1 next season.

Klos did well last night but nearly cost us a goal when him and Ugo ran into each other. To have him as #1 for the remainder of the season doesn't make sense. He'll do as backup until then and has his work cut out next week in Spain.

What riles me up the most is playing Boyd up front himself. If you're going to play with 1 up front go with Novo or Prso not a donkey like Boyd.

Im baffled by the critisisim of Klos. The guy was awesome for us for how many years??? He was a world class keeper and on par with Khan and Lehmann. So he has a fault or 2 but he is still the better keeper by a country mile and wins us points with those shot stopping saves.

Im baffled by the critisisim of Klos. The guy was awesome for us for how many years??? He was a world class keeper and on par with Khan and Lehmann. So he has a fault or 2 but he is still the better keeper by a country mile and wins us points with those shot stopping saves.

agreed. he was outstanding last night. a genuinly class keeper - far, far better than mcgregor.

Im not criticising him, next to Goram he's my favourite keeper ever.

But i think that unless something goes drastically wrong between now and the end of the season we should finish second quite comfortably with Macgregor in goals.

If he's going to be the number one next season its better for him to see out this season rather than drop him again for Klos who is most certain to leave.