Predictions for EURO 2016 Match Day 1

Just saw the last 30odd minutes and thought I was watching us against Championship teams ... but only the season before last (or our last few games of this season). Not in terms of actual quality on show, but how the games was played.

Just saw the last 30odd minutes and thought I was watching us against Championship teams ... but only the season before last (or our last few games of this season). Not in terms of actual quality on show, but how the games was played.

If Romania had taken their chances(sitters) they would have won the game. Then again if my Auntie.............

I tried to watch the match but found my attention wandering. Eventually I lost all interest and went to do something else.

That's probably why I don't make any predictions - I know practically nothing about any of the sides taking part and to be honest, care even less.

Hopefully a football gene kicks in later in the tournament.

I tried to watch the match but found my attention wandering. Eventually I lost all interest and went to do something else.

That's probably why I don't make any predictions - I know practically nothing about any of the sides taking part and to be honest, care even less.

Hopefully a football gene kicks in later in the tournament.

I don't know anything about International football either but decided just to go along just for the hell of it.

I was going to close the thread, but it makes sense to keep it open to discuss the games at least. I've already copied in all the predictions so there is no chance of 'cheating'. I can also post results as they come.

Apparently Romania had one of the best defences in Qualifying, which was on show last night. It was a spectacular, and deserved winner, from France, but Romania squandered a couple of absolute sitters. It could have been very different.

It was a decent start to the tournament. I think if Romania had taken that chance after five minutes it would have been very interesting to see the French reaction. I've got the Swiss in my work sweep so I might watch that although on paper it doesn't look the most attractive game

First game results are in: Everyone that entered a prediction gets 1 point for correctly predicting the Correct Result (France Win), but Compo, Whosthedado and Germinal get an extra 3 points for predicting the Correct Score.

NLm5YdL.jpg