Durranty offski.

I don't think that it is quite "buying into the MW philosophy" because the MW philosophy is now the ONLY way at Murray Park i.e. if you don't play the MW way then you may as well leave. And rightly so. Warburton wants every team that plays 11-a-side to be playing the exact same way with the same philosophy. I was just speaking to my RFC contact this week and he confirmed it.

But that's exactly what I saw, the u-20s playing exactly the Warburton way. I can't see how any coach could get the u-20's playing more cavalier, passing, attacking football than Durrant had them doing. Maybe someone can do it better, fair enough. But when you look at the u-20's, you see (I did anyway) a team playing identically to the 1st team with two or three Ian Durrants moving between midfield and attack, gliding into the spaces, setting up whatisname that was on loan at Raith.

I'm like John on this one, as a player Durrant was like nothing I'd ever seen before or have since tbh. Even if he could pass on 1% of how he played we'd still be up on the deal.

I've seen it claimed that Durrant was on quite a big wage for the job he was doing.

£450k plus bonuses seems to be the figure and when you look at the contracts AM and KM were on it doesn't look out of place. An almost Klondike like period at Rangers.

£450k plus bonuses seems to be the figure and when you look at the contracts AM and KM were on it doesn't look out of place. An almost Klondike like period at Rangers.

If that's the case, there's no surprise an agreement has been reached for him to leave.

I'm really disappointed to read this, I was under the impression Durrant had been doing a good job and was a popular and respected coach, particularly of younger players. My total love of Durrant the player means I've a blind spot where it comes to him. Durrant was the first genuinely international class player we produced in over a decade, an elegant yet highly effective player capable of winning matches on his own. I recently watched the Skol Cup Final against Celtic from the mid 80s and Durrant was just sensational, we forget just how good a player he was before his injury.

I'm sorry no other role could have been found for him at the club, as someone who has been with us literally since childhood it feels like he could have been treated a little better.

I had the pleasure of watching one of his sessions at Auchenhowie in October last year I think it was (might have been March this year but my memory fails often these days :D) and you could tell that the players who were there clearly enjoyed training under Durrant. His session was, from what I saw, fast-paced and in small spaces, forcing players to move the ball quickly. Every player was training with a smile on his face.

That said, you just don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

Got the chance to speak to him after his session was done and he admitted that he was loving the new philosophy - and he, like MW and SDoW, wasn't as concerned about results as he was about preparing the players for the step up to the 1st team. I guess he knew this was on the cards as he asked if I could get him a job in Bermuda - if you are watching Durranty, you are welcome any time :D

I also don't forget how good he was. I have said more times than I care to recall that it is appalling, and only in parochial Scotland, that fans of clubs will wax lyrical and lionize a player who pretty much ended the 1st truly world class player Scotland produced in decades. They almost made it out that Durrant was the perpetrator rather than victim. Appalling. Lets not forget that at the time of his injury he was still a very young player still learning the craft. He had already outclassed the young Paul Gascoigne in the Old Enemy game and had Gascoigne salivating over the quality Durrant possessed. The remains of that horror ASSAULT are still very noticeable with Durrant, his injured knee is almost twice the size of his other.