Predictions for EURO 2016 Match Day 2

Northern Ireland score again! FT 0-2.

That screwed everyone apart from Mrs Craig, who gains a point (1 minute away from full points). (Easiest write-up I've had to do!)

Latest Standings:

Several players got full points in the England-Wales game, but the Ukraine-N. Ireland and Germany-Poland games were fruitless for most of us. Mrs Craig picked up a point for Correctly predicting the Northern Ireland Win, and buster gains a point for predicting the Germany-Poland draw.

That point pushes buster into 2nd place outright.

Latest Standings:

We have some decent games today: Italy-Sweden, Czech-Croatia and Spain-Turkey.

I found Italy the most impressive side from the first round of matches; supreme organisation and team spirit overcoming their deficiencies in general quality. It is a good demonstration of how good a team can be with lesser players that are willing to play the role and commit to the cause. Giaccherini is an average player, shunted by Sunderland, but his willingness to play the role Conte demands and willingness to run himself into the ground ,means he's an effective team-player. Conte will be a good addition to the Premier League next season.

Here we are, if not criticising, at least underwhelmed by our signings thus far, but if they contribute to the cause, play their assigned roles and improve the overall team ethic, then they will be a success; it's not always about individual quality.

The balkan connection would suggest Czech-Croatia could be a unique affair -- perhaps, a derby? Croatia looked good in the first game, and remain my outsiders to do well. They have an excellent group of players.

Spain are always interesting to watch, if a little dull at times. Turkey could prove a stiff test. (Hopefully not though, as I have predicted a 2-0 Spain win!)