Dave King response #8.

I have no problem with Ally as he had a contract and was entitled to see it out. I am totally in support of the new boar( or not so new now) but I do wish King would stop with bullshitting. Ally gave up his contract to go to BT not to save Rangers money. Rangers could have stopped him going to BT as he was an employee of Rangers. This was something King could have given an easy answer instead of trying to bullshit fans. This was a decision that suited both parties and Ally should not be made to look like a money saving Hero.

think it's stretching it a bit to say Ally would have won it under a different board

I think it's also even more stretching it to say Warburton would have won it last season considering the pretty amazing form of Hearts - without even factoring in the points in 5 and 6. No matter how bad McCoist was, he was second to a very strong Hearts, in a time of turmoil, the evidence suggests that MW would not have improved on that metric even with an infinitely better board and unequivocal support from the fans.

It's also stretching it to deny Ally winning it last season had he still been around - albeit probably more closely and with a lot less style.

The football side might be in a much better place and has a better future, and much nicer to watch, but the actual improvement of results under Warburton is pretty marginal compared to McCoist.

is this a deliberate piss take?

MW spent less on the 7 players that won promotion back at first time of asking and in some style than mccoist spent on templeton

McCoist didn't have one single season where he had a positive transfer spend, Warburton has 100% in that department. Warburton didn't have to face Hearts who had a much better season than us under MW. I think it's fair to expect that MWs results would probably have been somewhat poorer under the machinations of the old board and with a fan boycott.

You're also forgetting that Ally didn't fail for promotion and in fact was on track to do so via second place and the playoffs, before his resignation despite the problems.

So the likelihood of Warburton finishing second would have been high but his record against Hibs, especially in the most important single game of the season, shows that him winning promotion from the play-offs was not a fait accompli.

I think it's also even more stretching it to say Warburton would have won it last season considering the pretty amazing form of Hearts - without even factoring in the points in 5 and 6. No matter how bad McCoist was, he was second to a very strong Hearts, in a time of turmoil, the evidence suggests that MW would not have improved on that metric even with an infinitely better board and unequivocal support from the fans.

It's also stretching it to deny Ally winning it last season had he still been around - albeit probably more closely and with a lot less style.

The football side might be in a much better place and has a better future, and much nicer to watch, but the actual improvement of results under Warburton is pretty marginal compared to McCoist.

He was third,behind a not very good hibs side.

He was third,behind a not very good hibs side.

He resigned while in second place. You have to wonder that if a manager is so bad, why people have to make things up to put him down. Hibs were no better last season.

I would say the biggest reason for finishing third was the complete meltdown after McCoist left due to the terrible situation at the club and an untried interim manager who didn't actually want the job.

He resigned while in second place. You have to wonder that if a manager is so bad, why people have to make things up to put him down. Hibs were no better last season.

I would say the biggest reason for finishing third was the complete meltdown after McCoist left due to the terrible situation at the club and an untried interim manager who didn't actually want the job.

We had to get rid of him to have a chance of finishing third.Carry on though,im enjoying youre re-writing of history.

I think it's amazing that so many Rangers fans don't understand the negative impact of the previous board, especially under the influence of Ashley. Totally amazing.

Ally would be shit under any board. Ally thinks Kevin kyle is a player to sign.

The list of mistakes ally made that had nothing to do with the board is very very long.