Dave King response #8.

He wants to argue and dominate EVERYBODY,dont you see.? Hunt him.

The thing is statistically Calscot is totally correct when it comes to games won. Statistics don't always tell the whole story though. Would Rangers have lost so many games at the end if the league was not already won? The biggest point to success for me though, is that Warburton has people clamouring to get season tickets and with Ally they were handing them back. Yes there was a boycott but for many it was Ally they were boycotting. Warburton or Ally winning then or now is a moot point and we will never know, so no point in losing energy over it.

The thing is statistically Calscot is totally correct when it comes to games won. Statistics don't always tell the whole story though. Would Rangers have lost so many games at the end if the league was not already won? The biggest point to success for me though, is that Warburton has people clamouring to get season tickets and with Ally they were handing them back. Yes there was a boycott but for many it was Ally they were boycotting. Warburton or Ally winning then or now is a moot point and we will never know, so no point in losing energy over it.

Fair enough Pete,where is the reason for accusing me of not being a Gers fan?Dont bother looking there is none,it was just mindless abuse he dished out.

Fair enough Pete,where is the reason for accusing me of not being a Gers fan?Dont bother looking there is none,it was just mindless abuse he dished out.

Sorry I have not read that post can you pm it to moderation and we will look at it.

is this a deliberate piss take?

MW spent less on the 7 players that won promotion back at first time of asking and in some style than mccoist spent on templeton

I'm not sure I would read too much into what King's saying. He isn't stupid and surely knows how inept Ally was. Not to mention the fact he completely took the piss by sticking to his £800k wages months after he resigned.

He failed in every aspect of the job. He won by spending millions we didn't have.

In season 2011/12, McCoist spent 3,03m in transfers, while we sold people for 6,41m (a large chunk of which was Jela).

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-rangers/transfers/verein/124/saison_id/2011/pos//detailpos//w_s//plus/0

Of course, you will add wages and all, but people of the calibre of Bocanegra, Wallace and Jela don't come to Scotland because of the wheather.

The season thereafter, we spenta whopping 734k on Templeton, full stop. We sold players for 1,22m ... and nigh the entire first team squad of 2011/12 waved good-bye.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rangers-fc/transfers/verein/124/plus/0?saison_id=2012&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

The season thereafter, we spent 0 in transfer fees, and received 0 in transfer fees.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rangers-fc/transfers/verein/124/plus/0?saison_id=2013&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

The season thereafter, we spent 0 in transfer fees, and received 959k for Lewis Macleod.

Where and when did McCoist spent and waste millions we did not have?

IMHO, there is no need to adore him for his time as a manager. Result-wise, opinions can be split. Football-wise we played some rather mediocre fare against low-key opposition. The whole poisonous background did not help matters on the pitch either. I for one wouldn't go out of my skin to demonize his managerial spell though. It wasn't great, but that's it. And hundreds of managers have failed much worse under far easier circumstances ... and none that I can think of had managed better than McCoist under similar circumstances.

Reply to Limeburner

Post 21

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by limeburner viewpost-right.png

We had to get rid of him to have a chance of finishing third.Carry on though,im enjoying youre re-writing of history.

What rewriting of history - do you actually follow Rangers? Either you don't or you don't pay attention to the inconvenient truth of real world when it comes to the club. Strange, strange stuff.

Facts:

McCoist resigned, we didn't get rid of him.

McCoist was comfortable in second place and his win rate was not much worse than last season.

The fact he wasn't good enough for Rangers should be enough without stooping to demonising him.

Like I said, it's weird how people have to fictionalise stuff to put down someone they declare is useless... Surely you must have some REAL grievances against him? But as I've repeatedly said, people can't help themselves with the memes these days, with Celtic it's #rangersbad with here its #allybad and you there is no way to rationalise with those that follow them.

Where did I say you weren't a Rangers fan? I said you didn't follow the team, as in you don't follow what's going on. This is in response to you saying I rewrote history for saying McCoist didn't finish 3rd as he resigned while in second place. Something you deny which is actually a fact about Rangers.

Then also in your reply you said, "We had to get rid of him to have a chance of finishing third." when in actual fact he resigned...

Couple that with a lack of acknowledgement of the boardroom turmoil and fans boycott and saying I was rewriting history when pointing out facts and it certainly looks like you didn't follow what's going on. Instead of getting so offended at a reasonable assumption to of your denial of the facts, maybe you should have demonstrated your knowledge of what went on at Rangers. As they say, show don't tell.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by limeburner viewpost-right.png

We had to get rid of him to have a chance of finishing third.Carry on though,im enjoying youre re-writing of history.

Edited by calscot