Dave King response #8.

Calscot's point, which is fair, is that when Ally resigned we were still in 2nd place. Much of the seasons malaise CAN be placed upon Ally (along with the carnage that was our Board at the time) but he wasn't completely responsible for us finishing 3rd. When he left we were in 2nd place. Where we would have ended up had he stayed would be nothing but conjecture.

The one thing we all can agree on, I think, is that the standard of football Ally had us playing was mind-blowingly bad.

And that justifies him calling me a fantasist,and making things up does it?

Not to mention accusing me of not being a Rangers fan ?(which you know damn well isnt true)

It would take a special kind of person not to see how shit ally was. It oozed out of his every pore. Every player he signed got worse. Every one was a waste of cash and the team was awful under him week in week out.

We wasted 4 years under him and that's a tragedy.

No amount of spinning the stats will change that.

Comfortably the worst manager in rangers history and probably world football history to.

He had 0 positive attributes. Unless you count sometimes beating teams when you out spend them 100 to 1

And that justifies him calling me a fantasist,and making things up does it?

Not to mention accusing me of not being a Rangers fan ?(which you know damn well isnt true)

No, it doesn't justify the manner in which cal responded to you. That said, you also said he was making things up.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

You both need to calm down and revert to debating in a civil manner.

It would take a special kind of person not to see how shit ally was. It oozed out of his every pore. Every player he signed got worse. Every one was a waste of cash and the team was awful under him week in week out.

We wasted 4 years under him and that's a tragedy.

No amount of spinning the stats will change that.

Comfortably the worst manager in rangers history and probably world football history to.

He had 0 positive attributes. Unless you count sometimes beating teams when you out spend them 100 to 1

I can agree with the 1st 3 lines of your statement.

But I'm not having that McCoist was worse than John Barnes :D - I dislike the way we throw such superlatives out because there more than likely are managers worse than McCoist was, particularly when you look at global football.

Even with regards to the Club's history it is tough to know if he was the worst - he did have some pretty incredible extenuating circumstances which none of our managers have had to suffer. I am by no means trying to defend the poor standard of football under his reign but you do have to consider everything that the Club had to go through. There is certainly, though, enough to look at and have Ally close to the top of the "worst Rangers managers" pile.

No, it doesn't justify the manner in which cal responded to you. That said, you also said he was making things up.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

You both need to calm down and revert to debating in a civil manner.

You have debated with him before,how is this possible.?

Bye the way ,go to post 12 paragraph 2 and see what i was accusing him of!!!! NOTHING.I made nothing up.

You do realize that in post 12, paragraph 2 Calscot was talking about last season, as in MW's 1st season ? He is saying he thinks Ally would have won the league last season if he was still at the Club. Looks to me you think he is talking of the season McCoist left us, when we were 2nd when he left but finished 3rd.

You clearly accuse him of making things up too, though, with post 17's comment of "I'm enjoying your re-writing of history". That is a subtle way of telling people they are making things up.

Anyway, no biggie - I just want you all to debate in a civilized manner. We don't all always agree, but we can disagree in a reasoned fashion.

I can agree with the 1st 3 lines of your statement.

But I'm not having that McCoist was worse than John Barnes :D - I dislike the way we throw such superlatives out because there more than likely are managers worse than McCoist was, particularly when you look at global football.

Even with regards to the Club's history it is tough to know if he was the worst - he did have some pretty incredible extenuating circumstances which none of our managers have had to suffer. I am by no means trying to defend the poor standard of football under his reign but you do have to consider everything that the Club had to go through. There is certainly, though, enough to look at and have Ally close to the top of the "worst Rangers managers" pile.

I'd have Barnes in a heartbeat over ally again.