RANGERS Football Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Lee Hodson for an undisclosed fee on a three-year contract.

The Northern Ireland international put pen to paper after returning from his country’s European Championship campaign in France.

The former Watford, Brentford and MK Dons defender spent the second half of last season on loan in Scotland with Kilmarnock.

He made 17 appearances in total for Killie including two against the Light Blues, having made his debut for the Ayrshire side in their Scottish Cup tie at Ibrox in February.

Having been part of Northern Ireland’s squad in France, Hodson will now enjoy a short break before joining up with Mark Warburton’s squad on its return from South Carolina.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/hodson-signs-gers/?

Well I think we're now well past the stage of complaining about a lack of defensive signings. Question now is are we going to be settling for what we already have at the sharp end. We can't expect Kenny Miller to manage a full season of 90 minutes but I suppose he could perhaps handle 60 minutes a match.

And in addition I expect the new midfield to contribute a significant share of goals. Also be interesting to see what Waghorn can do with such quality feeding him.

Disappointed he didn't get a game at the Euros.

Still got his loan signings to come which you could anticipate may be of a better quality than last season. Warburton has a talent for producing surprises. He may have as many unexpected surprises up his sleeve in that department too.

Signing Lee Hodson seems to me that MW thinks we've no one coming thro from the U20 squad who is good enough to stand in for Tav or LW in the FB positions. That needs to change.

Nothing against Lee Hodson but he's little more than a journeyman type player who'll be nothing more than a squad player lucky to get on the bench every week