Predictions for EURO 2016 Semi-Finals

Bravo Wales, the great adventure comes to an end but it was still a great adventure any Scotland fan would have settled for. Hell we would settle for just being there and coming home after the group stage.

Quite a bit upset ... but not surprised.

Defensive mastershow by Portugal, which doesn't make for a good entertainment, despite occassional flashes of brilliance by Ronaldo, Nani and Co.. Beyond Bale, Wales does looked rather bereft of ingenuity to prevail against these Portuguese. A ref who whistles on the spot, right in the middle of a promising move by the Welsh ... no matter whether it would have mattered results-wise.

... and that IMHO the best two teams on show, football-wise, are already home.

Bravo Wales, the great adventure comes to an end but it was still a great adventure any Scotland fan would have settled for. Hell we would settle for just being there and coming home after the group stage.

Scotland qualified regularly for World Cups in my youth...'74 '78 '82 '86 and '90 but never got past the group stages, oddly during that 'Golden' period we never made the Euro's for some strange reason.

Scotland qualified regularly for World Cups in my youth...'74 '78 '82 '86 and '90 but never got past the group stages, oddly during that 'Golden' period we never made the Euro's for some strange reason.

That was my youth too, at the time we were the only nation to ever have qualified for 5 world cups in a row. Others had been in 5 in a row but had qualified for at least one as holders or hosts.

While that was a great achievement we still manged to underperform by never getting out of the group stage. In particular the 70's and early 80's teams were littered with players winning European trophies. We had the core of an all conquering Liverpool side at one point and others who all played at the highest club level.

Would we be expecting to get out of the group stage now if we had the core of Real Madrid and a clutch of others from the top of the EPL?

That was my youth too, at the time we were the only nation to ever have qualified for 5 world cups in a row. Others had been in 5 in a row but had qualified for at least one as holders or hosts.

While that was a great achievement we still manged to underperform by never getting out of the group stage. In particular the 70's and early 80's teams were littered with players winning European trophies. We had the core of an all conquering Liverpool side at one point and others who all played at the highest club level.

Would we be expecting to get out of the group stage now if we had the core of Real Madrid and a clutch of others from the top of the EPL?

We were always getting knocked out early. Brazil were so good they could take their pick and knock individuals in our team out with a simple free-kick....:lol:

Edited by Bearman

Yeah I remember that one well, he went down like Amir Khan. Apparently when he eventually got back up Aitken says to him are you OK and he says which way are we hitting? Cue substitution. He was lauded as brave for taking that right in the face and i'm not trying to take anything away from him but I feel the Brazilain hit it so hard he had no time to dodge it.

All credit to the Brazilians too for putting the ball out to check on him.

We also played total amateurs too you'll remember...Zaire for example, mind we had a free kick against them outside the box and they lined their wall up, the ref blew his whistle for it to be taken and one of the Zaire defenders broke and slammed the ball up the park? Funny.

I went with heart rather than head for this one to be honest

I took Wales. But only because Portugal have been garbage.

Whoever is next up will wipe the floor with Ronaldos mob imo. Look for a record score for a final.