[FT] Rangers 2 (McKay 29; Waghorn 74) - 0 Annan Athletic

Aside from warm ups this league cup format might also be a little earner. Attendance: 31,628

Might have earned around 400k tonight though i'm guessing half of that will go to Annan which must be a huge boost for them. Rather Annan than Motherwell as far as i'm concerned.

Thought tonight was very pleasing for so many reasons , starting with bumping into Brahim hemdani , who is still alive and well , thought we played very well considering the new players . Krancar is an absolute star and forresters trick at the end had me completely beaten , I was looking for the ball at the edge of the box not realising he still had it , lolol

Just back in. Commanding performance while never really looking like we were breaking sweat(hard to do on a night like tonight lol). Halliday was a worry after that tackle just before the second goal, looked like a sore one, but he seemed ok.

Good performance all round and a nice workout.

Niko looks very composed and I thought wee Barrie had another good game. I can't really find anything to whinge about?

No wonder it's a full moon tonight lol.

Edited by cooponthewing

If one wants to be "critical" of anything ... which is hard ... one might say that Windass plays a bit like Forrester in his first appearences, i.e. tries a little too hard. But honestly, give these lads 5 more games and we have a fine squad on our hands already, with Rossiter and Dodoo still to come.

Hodson looked solid and is sure a decent back-up for both Tav and Wallace. As ian intimated, I wouldn't be surprised if MW puts Tav in right midfield on occasion, with Hodson as right-back. They can double up on one another when defending, and Tav would have more freedom moving forward.

One wonders how Premiership managers will set their teams up this season. We might see some healthy scorelines early on, but I wouldn't be surprised if they start building brick walls from x-mas onwards, while trying to hit us on the counter.

The BBC covered exactly two games (livetext et al) from the League Cup tonight, and since we are the naughty ones and thus Ibrox was a no-go - zone, their folk ended up at Tannadice and New St. Mirren Park, i.e. at Championship level.

Am I interpretating this wrong?,I never intimated that Tav should play in midfield!

Thought tonight was very pleasing for so many reasons , starting with bumping into Brahim hemdani , who is still alive and well , thought we played very well considering the new players . Krancar is an absolute star and forresters trick at the end had me completely beaten , I was looking for the ball at the edge of the box not realising he still had it , lolol

I think I might have been sitting next to Brahim.

Not long in from game which I enjoyed with our play.

Can't say anybody had a bad game but was impressed with Kiernan ,had a really good game seeing that he didn't have to cover for a non existent full back.

We have a great squad with which results will come as we will not come up against an inspired goalkeeper every week.Despite our guys performances thought the Annan keeper was man of match.

Aside from warm ups this league cup format might also be a little earner. Attendance: 31,628

Might have earned around 400k tonight though i'm guessing half of that will go to Annan which must be a huge boost for them. Rather Annan than Motherwell as far as i'm concerned.

I would assume the gate money for all four games will be pooled; it wouldn't be fair if Annan got half of say £400,000 and East Stirling got half of whatever gate money they take at Ochilview, which will be a tiny fraction of that.