#GoingFor55 - Is it really achievable?

So we need to practice an Italian style offside strategy to negate that long ball shit which according to reports of last nights Aberdeen match is largely all they do.

The long ball is also a style of football and was effective for years. It depends on if your CF can make the ball stick and how intent your team is willing to race forward to support him.

The long ball is also a style of football and was effective for years. It depends on if your CF can make the ball stick and how intent your team is willing to race forward to support him.

Against Motherwell I felt it was largely a fast runner on the break from their own half that constituted the bulk of the Motherwell breakaway threat. Johnson if I remember correctly and he was consistently running into open space breaking down our left side. Neither Barton or Rossiter featured in that game so it remains to be seen if having them in there would negate that type of thing.

Perhaps Burnley will give us some idea since I can barely recall even a shot at goal in the next three matches. The manager can play as many subs as he wants to which is also useful. I hope Barton and Rossiter start the game.

We won't play anyone remotely close to Burnley standard in the SPL, so the answer to the original question is 'yes'.

We'll need luck, decisions to go our way, reinforcements in January - basically tge same script for any team going for a league title.

We will be the best footballing side in the league by a mile, we, in Joey Barton have the best player in the league by a mile and have the best 'manager'.

We just need to find a level of consistency - it won't be easy but we have a chance

We won't play anyone remotely close to Burnley standard in the SPL

Read that again, and again, and again.

Just how sad is that statement for a club of our stature and history in the game, and for football in this country as a whole. Burnley. Feckin Burnley! Are they even in the top half dozen clubs in their county, never mind anything else?

So sad.

Just how sad is that statement for a club of our stature and history in the game, and for football in this country as a whole. Burnley. Feckin Burnley! Are they even in the top half dozen clubs in their county, never mind anything else?

So sad.

We'd have laughed at the same excuse 20-30 years ago but the answer is simple.

Money. :(

So sad.

I was thinking the exact same thing during the game today when they were playing us off the park. It's not the size of our club that's holding us back it's the location of where we ply our trade.

We have to get out of Scotland to compete. In all honesty if the big clubs do carve up the champions league then that gives ourselves and others the green light for a North Atlantic League scenario. Th financial climate here is killing our club, draining it of any hope of contention in Europe with the big boys, if we are honest.

We could end up playing against top clubs from Holland, Denmark, Portugal, Sweden, Norway and possibly Iceland etc. It's either that or the lower tier clubs would form some sort of European second division. An evolution of the Europa league perhaps.

Anyway, either way, the money would be far superior and more befitting a club of our stature.

Since Warburton (and Weir) have come aboard Rangers have been sensational against clubs occupying the 2nd tier of Scottish football, some hiccups especially towards the end of the 2015/16 season. Against Premiership clubs we also looked dominant apart from the 1-3 reverse at Ibrox with St Johnstone proving how easy we can be 'found out'.

The tim game was our highlight in terms of 'gauging' how far we have moved forward since the days of McCoist, McDowell and McCall, and along with the players who stepped onto the park back then.

We have basically moved on with the 'releases' and the signings we've made in search of, what is probably our Golden Fleece (#55).

Burnley, for me was a bit of a wake up call to the club that sometimes when you put that jersey on things don't always go your way. The game was a good test. I'm expecting more of what we are used to these past months and can see us winning a vast majority of our games.

The Golden Fleece? Certainly within grasp, but we won't really know for sure until well into 2017.

So sad.

Unfortunately the league they're in automatically propels them into a list of the top few dozen clubs in the world at this time. They're looking at a guaranteed minimum £100 million in TV money alone.

Contrast that with the £1.8 million shared by all clubs competing in the Scottish league cup. It's another planet and we're not on that planet. Burnley will get more than that from TV for a single game.

The TV income from a single game can pay a £50,000 a week player for a year with change left over to pay a good prospect a couple of thousand a week too.

Edited by JFK-1

Since Warburton (and Weir) have come aboard Rangers have been sensational against clubs occupying the 2nd tier of Scottish football, some hiccups especially towards the end of the 2015/16 season. Against Premiership clubs we also looked dominant apart from the 1-3 reverse at Ibrox with St Johnstone proving how easy we can be 'found out'.

The tim game was our highlight in terms of 'gauging' how far we have moved forward since the days of McCoist, McDowell and McCall, and along with the players who stepped onto the park back then.

We have basically moved on with the 'releases' and the signings we've made in search of, what is probably our Golden Fleece (#55).

Burnley, for me was a bit of a wake up call to the club that sometimes when you put that jersey on things don't always go your way. The game was a good test. I'm expecting more of what we are used to these past months and can see us winning a vast majority of our games.

The Golden Fleece? Certainly within grasp, but we won't really know for sure until well into 2017.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Stuart McCall. He had no time or chance to build a team he was just asked to polish a turd.

McDowell just didn't want the job and that showed through in every game.