MW - I hope to get something done before next Saturday. We are working on it

We have no money , we have no retail income , we are by and large surviving on soft loans until we can get listed , we have a manager 1 year and 2 weeks into a new project , our scouting has been re assembled after years of neglect , our youth system the same , the stadium is getting work done on it , we have players and a system that we all enjoy 90% of the time, when everything clicks we are a joy to behold gong forward.

I always remember the quote when MW signed , from a Brentford fans forum , " you will love his style of play going forwards , but his defence will give you nightmares "

Talk about impatience .

I don't know if it's as easy as we think to find a competent quality CH?. Hill I felt was appalling and slow yesterday, so bad in fact, that DW and RK looked an accomplished comfortable pairing when DW came on in my he second half.

I understand his point re not just going out and buying anyone, as frustrating as that is.

No its not easy,but you would think after say 8 months we could have identified someone.

"We look at players every day,everysingle day"MW

"We like to get our buisness done early"MW.

Cmon,he cant have it both ways.

No its not easy,but you would think after say 8 months we could have identified someone.

"We look at players every day,everysingle day"MW

"We like to get our buisness done early"MW.

Cmon,he cant have it both ways.

I cant think of many free transfer center halves that are better than what we have at the moment , plus Crooks can play center half as well

Yet hes managed to find 5 new midfielders,but not one centre back.??

Look where our midfielders came from. Two old warhorses with a slast shot at glory (and we don't want 30+ CHs, do we?), plus some young hotshots and "unproven" talent from the lowest reaches of England's leagues. A Holt and a Halliday can rather easily convinced joining up.

But what do we look at here? A proven, quick, talented and not too old CH. You can scan the web (i.e. transfermarkt) for yourself and see what is about. With probably 50odd other clubs looking at the same price, age and quality group. As I said, having Barton and Rossiter (plus Crooks) about will help our defence in the Premiership, as they can provide better cover. They will all need time to adapt to one another, as thus far we have been revolving the team regularly - mainly to get them to match sharpness and introduce them to the Ibrox folklore. Let's see what will happen in the Premiership for some weeks, how we adapt, how the opposition plays etc..

EDIT Have a look ... http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Abwehr&spielerposition_id=3&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Edited by der Berliner

I cant think of many free transfer center halves that are better than what we have at the moment , plus Crooks can play center half as well

Is he one though.Im not wanting to take this any further,ive said my piece.

The managers priorities are his responsibility,thats what hes paid for,my outlook like everyone else on forums means jack shit.

He will need the luck of a lotto winner with that defence though.

Edited by limeburner

I think there's been a bit of an over reaction by some to yesterday's result.

For starters it was a friendly & we will not come up against a striker of the calibre of Andre Gray again this season.

That said I think we will need to improve defensively and will do so before the end of next month.

I think there's been a bit of an over reaction by some to yesterday's result.

For starters it was a friendly & we will not come up against a striker of the calibre of Andre Gray again this season.

That said I think we will need to improve defensively and will do so before the end of next month.

If you mean me,you couldnt be more wrong----i never even seen the game.Im talking from last Cristmas on,nothing has changed.(apart from Clint Hill).

Thanks for keeping me right Craig.

Remember----dont question the manager,its frown upon!!

Who said that ? And when ? Because I don't see anyone saying he shouldn't be questioned. I just see some questioning him and then when people disagree or give an alternative they are throwing around the sarcastic "he shouldn't be questioned" mantra.