MW - I hope to get something done before next Saturday. We are working on it

Who said that ? And when ? Because I don't see anyone saying he shouldn't be questioned. I just see some questioning him and then when people disagree or give an alternative they are throwing around the sarcastic "he shouldn't be questioned" mantra.

A hard rain is gonna fall on us,as sure as night follows day.

Give it time and we will see who is right.

I tend to agree with a lot of what limeburner is saying, tbh i and many others have been going on and on about the defence for months. I also am very apprehensive about our potential challenging credentials should we not bolster out defence.

The problem is finding the right fit, so to a degree I agree with MW however I also see merit in the argument that a quality CH should have been a lot higher on MW priority list.

Maybe it was and things just didn't work out, but I also again agree there is an argument to say we should have, if needed, spent some money on a good CH.

It may well com back to haunt us, I can see us loosing a lot of goals this year, I have said all this before, I think for many yesterday's result just reinforced the fears that have been languishing under the surface for many.

We also must be more clinical in front of goal, I do fear however that it may be our defensive frailties that my be the weakness that others will target.

I tend to agree with a lot of what limeburner is saying, tbh i and many others have been going on and on about the defence for months. I also am very apprehensive about our potential challenging credentials should we not bolster out defence.

The problem is finding the right fit, so to a degree I agree with MW however I also see merit in the argument that a quality CH should have been a lot higher on MW priority list.

Maybe it was and things just didn't work out, but I also again agree there is an argument to say we should have, if needed, spent some money on a good CH.

It may well com back to haunt us, I can see us loosing a lot of goals this year, I have said all this before, I think for many yesterday's result just reinforced the fears that have been languishing under the surface for many.

We also must be more clinical in front of goal, I do fear however that it may be our defensive frailties that my be the weakness that others will target.

Well,thanks for that sir.We have also lost Domenic Ball and replaced him with Clint Hill-------poeple forget!!

A hard rain is gonna fall on us,as sure as night follows day.

Give it time and we will see who is right.

Well,thanks for that sir.We have also lost Domenic Ball and replaced him with Clint Hill-------poeple forget!!

Mate (if I may say so), you do note that your tone comes over rather offensive/aggressive? More often than not, even above, people addressed your concerns - which I would assume all share to a degree - with level headed arguments. There is no need to feel cornered or the like.

You are right that we lost Dom Ball, yet people will tell you that he ain't that good anyways or, as some like to put it: we need to go "for better". Instead of Ball we got Crooks, who might be as useful to our side as Windass. Essentially, he can cover both positions, CH and DM.

And in DM we now have two people that we lacked badly last term, i.e. Barton and Rossiter. Having them will help the centre halfs immensely over the course of the season. But we should give them all at least some time to gel into a team, shall we not? Better Rangers and better Rangers CHs have conceeded 3 goals at Ibrox and under different circumstances than a pre-season friendly. Ivan Sproule might ring a bell here. But how often happened that and how often will we face a 15m striker of EPL standard (and being top scorer in the English Championship last season)? No-one says it is rosy, we all know that we have a long way to go. But perhaps we go it with a half-full glass in our hands, shall we not?

Edited by der Berliner

Mate (if I may say so), you do note that your tone comes over rather offensive/aggressive? More often than not, even above, people addressed your concerns - which I would assume all share to a degree - with level headed arguments. There is no need to feel cornered or the like.

You are right that we lost Dom Ball, yet people will tell you that he ain't that good anyways or, as some like to put it: we need to go "for better". Instead of Ball we got Crooks, who might be as useful to our side as Windass. Essentially, he can cover both positions, CH and DM.

And in DM we now have two people that we lacked badly last term, i.e. Barton and Rossiter. Having them will help the centre halfs immensely over the course of the season. But we should give them all at least some time to gel into a team, shall we not? Better Rangers and better Rangers CHs have conceeded 3 goals at Ibrox and under different circumstances than a pre-season friendly. Ivan Sproule might ring a bell here. But how often happened that and how often will we face a 15m striker of EPL standard (and being top scorer in the English Championship last season)? No-one says it is rosy, we all know that we have a long way to go. But perhaps we go it with a half-full glass in our hands, shall we not?

Sir,if i may say so,you will not except any criticsm of the team or manager in any shape or form.

Its useless trying to debate with you. if you think ive been agressive im sorry---foreceful maybe?

Youdo realise that our defence is actually weaker than last season,not stronger.You probably do but wont face the truth.

Im a half-empty kind of guy bye the way(if thats alright with you).We are not all the same you see(thankfully).

Sir,if i may say so,you will not except any criticsm of the team or manager in any shape or form.

Its useless trying to debate with you. if you think ive been agressive im sorry---foreceful maybe?

Youdo realise that our defence is actually weaker than last season,not stronger.You probably do but wont face the truth.

Im a half-empty kind of guy bye the way(if thats alright with you).We are not all the same you see(thankfully).

Can't follow nor understand your reasoning on nigh any point above. Better to postpone any further debate for a while.

I cant think of many free transfer center halves that are better than what we have at the moment , plus Crooks can play center half as well

I'm thinking that with Barton and Rossiter as the main holding midfield choices, and with the lack of backup for CB, Crooks is mostly going to be playing in defence... When he gets fit obviously.

I'm thinking that with Barton and Rossiter as the main holding midfield choices, and with the lack of backup for CB, Crooks is mostly going to be playing in defence... When he gets fit obviously.

I remember a column somewhere that said Crooks failed because he was a poor centre back. it was only when Acc. Stan. put him into midfield that he started coming good.