They Wore the Dark and Light Blues - article at Dundee's HP

Very interesting and I was surprised by the amount of people who came (and went to) Dens Park over the years.

They Wore the Dark and Light Blues

Over the history of Dundee Football Club, there has been a rich connection of players who have worn the Dark Blue of Dundee and the Light Blue of this weekend’s visitors Rangers, including two of the current Dens Park staff.

Read more here - http://dundeefc.co.uk/news/wore-dark-light-blues/

Maybe one Greg Stewart will come home too soonish ...

Its a great article DB.

Do those of us who can attest to seeing Andy Penman play have to go in the old codgers section ??

One of the things I remember of Andy Penman was against Celtic(I think). He crossed\passed the ball along the ground from the byline to Willie Johnston who was standing on the goal-line with nobody near him. All Willie had to do was nudge it over the line. Willie being Willie thought he would be smart and put his foot on the ball first, to wind the tims up I suppose. Unfortunately he mistimed his foot to the ball and it ran under his foot and went to safety. That must be the biggest miss I have ever seen even worse than Van Vossen. I have asked about it on here before but nobody else seems to remember it. A lot of oldies on here have such good memories of Rangers at that time I am starting to wonder if it is a figment of my imagination. I am positive it is not though.

Its a great article DB.

Do those of us who can attest to seeing Andy Penman play have to go in the old codgers section ??

I mind fine when young Penman was signed. Didn't perform for Rangers as well as he did for Dundee. How often does that happen?

At Dundee he was part of a beautifully balanced side at its peak. Rangers were in decline when he joined.

One of the things I remember of Andy Penman was against Celtic(I think). He crossed\passed the ball along the ground from the byline to Willie Johnston who was standing on the goal-line with nobody near him. All Willie had to do was nudge it over the line. Willie being Willie thought he would be smart and put his foot on the ball first, to wind the tims up I suppose. Unfortunately he mistimed his foot to the ball and it ran under his foot and went to safety. That must be the biggest miss I have ever seen even worse than Van Vossen. I have asked about it on here before but nobody else seems to remember it. A lot of oldies on here have such good memories of Rangers at that time I am starting to wonder if it is a figment of my imagination. I am positive it is not though.

I remember it Pete - so dont worry about memory playing tricks - Scottish Cup Final i think and Im sure a young DJ scored that day.

Think it went to replay after a 1-1 draw and we got beat 2-1

Edit

Just checked Rangers - The Complete Record - I think it was the 70-71 SC Final

Edited by D'Artagnan

Good memories of Dens Park. We used to take in the New Year in Dundee, and myself and my dad often went to Dundee v Aberdeen in the mid fifties.

There were always decent players in OTHER teams back then.

Edited by chilledbear