Club 1872 - Board election timetable and info

Will be interesting to see how the elections go. Some talented candidates in there.

Hopefully Club1872 will have a strong, independent board and can begin trying to move the organisation forward again. Huge task is simply getting the membership numbers going upwards. When things are going well at the club, it's quite a hard sell.

Hopefully one of the first things the board can clarify is just how donations will be used, ie what % is going to shares, what % is going to projects etc.

So there may have been members of the working party putting themselves forward for election but they might only have been in one wp meeting or they might have been in them all , it's like getting blood out of a stone getting info on this

Bruce, why don't you just ask me? All groups have been fairly consistent in terms of who went to the meetings. Iain Paton from the RST went to one meeting in someone's place. The only group who had a number of people attend was RF - attendees at various times have been James Blair, Ricki, Richard Scott, Peter Ewart, Greg Marshall, Donahoe and Johnston.

Bruce, why don't you just ask me? All groups have been fairly consistent in terms of who went to the meetings. Iain Paton from the RST went to one meeting in someone's place. The only group who had a number of people attend was RF - attendees at various times have been James Blair, Ricki, Richard Scott, Peter Ewart, Greg Marshall, Donahoe and Johnston.

Christine this wasn't aimed at you , you have always been upfront with anything I have asked , others however have not been so forthcoming and I wrote the above after a twitter fest which was just depressing the life out of me yesterday .why others can't just adopt your approach is beyond me

Have read all the candidates statements and asked around about those I did not know. Decide to vote for J.Percival, A.Wilson, L.Fawkes, S. Sinclair, C.Houston, W. Cowie & J.Blair. Had a doubt about Blair due to independence from club worry, but he has said he will only be serve for first year. His experience will be useful in first year getting Club1872 up and running hopefully.

Have read all the candidates statements and asked around about those I did not know. Decide to vote for J.Percival, A.Wilson, L.Fawkes, S. Sinclair, C.Houston, W. Cowie & J.Blair. Had a doubt about Blair due to independence from club worry, but he has said he will only be serve for first year. His experience will be useful in first year getting Club1872 up and running hopefully.

That is why I won't be voting for J Blair , it's the first year that will decide its future and he knows it , to be honest I won't be voting for any of your choices Bearger , it's like the FF xfactor list that's getting promoted everywhere.

But then again it's all about opinions and what your definition of independence is against positioning people who you know will do as they are told .

Edited by rbr

Christine this wasn't aimed at you , you have always been upfront with anything I have asked , others however have not been so forthcoming and I wrote the above after a twitter fest which was just depressing the life out of me yesterday .why others can't just adopt your approach is beyond me

The funny thing is Bruce we have only been asked that question once via e-mail since the launch in May and that was only last week. That is out of over 2,500 e-mails we have responded to.

Between 1st and 21st Sep there will be 3 public meetings / hustings.

Each candidate must attend at least 1 of these meetings to make themselves available to answer questions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of us unable to attend these, will there be any minutes taken so we can read the questions and answers?

Edited by chilledbear

Between 1st and 21st Sep there will be 3 public meetings / hustings.

Each candidate must attend at least 1 of these meetings to make themselves available to answer questions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of us unable to attend these, will there be any minutes taken so we can read the questions and answers?

It was filmed and will be put on our website.