BARRIE MCKAY has been called up to the Scotland squad

Robertson's the best left back. Wallace doesn't deserve a place and McKay is lucky based on this season's form.

I would agree re Wallace,and disagree re McKay,McKay deserves a call up based on his performances from last season,how many players are on form this season with only a few games played?

Wallace should be in the squad, as, in my view, the Captain of Rangers should be the Captain of Scotland

(and vice versa, if you like).

As for the match versus Malta, I cannot fathom why Messrs McCormack and Rhodes are not in the squad. Both are goalscorers

at Eng Championship level, and surely a Maltese XI is no better than that standard.

The manager is a twisted little ogre, so I expect the worst.

Little green eyes has me no longer caring for the Scotland team,but in saying that he is just as bad as his recent predecessors.

Good luck to McKay but please stay injury free.

He will probably only get the last 5 minutes!,if he gets on?

Little green eyes has me no longer caring for the Scotland team,but in saying that he is just as bad as his recent predecessors.

Good luck to McKay but please stay injury free.

He's not as bad as some of his predecessors. Vogts, Burley and Levein took incompetence to previous unseen levels which, given it's Scotland and the SFA we're talking about, is pretty impressive. Levein added to his incompetence by being an absolute bell-end. But Strachan needs some solid performances pronto. That Georgia game and the subsequent failure to qualify for the Euros threatens to completely undermine the solid if unspectacular progress evident earlier. Needs some decent displays PDQ, especially as the world cup qualification groups looks an arse.

I still want Scotland to win, but I find myself caring a lot less than I used to. It's a real fecking ordeal.

Looking at the first 5 fixtures:

Malta - A

Lithuania - H

Slovakia - A

England - A

Slovenia - H

Slovakia will be hard to break down, and will pose us problems defensively. A resurgent England under Big Sam will also be tough.

But to me we need a minimum of 10-11 points from those fixtures if we are to stand a chance of qualification. A good outcome would be four wins and a draw.

Suspect we'll be looking at about 8 or 9 though, and we'll be staring through the "glorious failure" looking glass once again.