Champions League draw

Hope they do, then they can enjoy Thursday night football in far off places...but it won't happen.

I'm in two minds about that. On the one hand it would provide them with some more millions but on the other as you say perhaps dragged off to remote hellholes on Thursday nights with Sunday football to follow which is a factor that would suit us.

Was just thinking that when Barcelona front loaded with Suarez and Messi come to town to play against that defence of theirs Rod Stewart is likely to have something else to cry about.

Rod+Stewart+crying+as+Celtic+beat+Barcelona.jpg

The bloke on his right just told him Miss A and Miss B want child maintenance.

If I remember correctly when they beat Barcelona in Glasgow and Rod had his greet about it Barca had already guaranteed top spot in the group. I'm hoping this time round they will be slugging it out with City for top spot till the last day making every point vital for them. And if that be the case their final match is away to City who would totally crush them if it were also not just down to points but goals to top the group.

Barcelona v Celtic – Tuesday, September 13

Celtic v Manchester City – Wednesday, September 28

Celtic v Borussia Moenchengladbach – Wedneday, October 19

Borussia Moenchengladbach v Celtic – Tuesday, November 1

Celtic v Barcelona – Wednesday, November 23

Manchester City v Celtic – Tuesday, December 6

Overall the draw is good and balanced, it doesn't seem to favour the big boys anymore and there is two top teams in each group. Fair play to UEFA for once, with the Euro's and this CL they have opened up the tournaments more.

Arsenal should finally be pleased and have to win that group.

Spurs is a very even group.

Leicester getting Porto is a tough draw but they have a great chance of 2nd.

City are a banker for top 2 but getting Barca is interesting.

Celtic have zero chance of top 2.

Celtic have zero chance of top 2.

Sure they have a chance, they even have a chance of topping the group. A 66/1 chance.

Barcelona 2/5

Man City 3/1

Borussia Moenchengladbach 20/1

Celtic 66/1

I don't think Porto are what there were. The only reason they got past Roma was because they were 2 men up with an hour left to play (maybe not as long as that). Excellent draw for Leicester. But, it does depend how the teams respond to them. I can see Copenhagen and Brugge defending, which doesn't suit Leicester.

I really can't see them getting any points whatsoever. Barca and City speak for themselves, but Monchengladbach are a very good side; really well organised in a compact 4-4-2 (one of the few sides that I admire playing the formation) and break with tremendous pace. Perhaps dB can enlighten us about the German side?

Spurs have a very even group. I can see them both struggling and doing well.

Edited by Rousseau

Skybet offering 7/1 for them to lose all group matches while paddy power are offering 6/1 for them to qualify from the group while the rest to qualify are Barcelona 1/40 then City 4/9 and Monchengladbach 15/8

All of which suggests group whipping boys. Boohoo. What do you think Rod?

Rod+Stewart+crying+as+Celtic+beat+Barcelona.jpg