Arrests made over alleged sectarian singing at Kilmarnock v Rangers game

Right, so because RC schools exist a few hundred drunken neds belted out 'No Pope Of Rome' at a football match in Kilmarnock on Friday?

I'm sorry but that's nonsense, total nonsense. The people who sung the songs in question on Friday are arrogant, bigoted, morons who are so out of touch with reality it beggars belief and who don't care what damage they do to the club and its support. Why does anyone make excuses for these pricks? Why don't we have four pages of utter condemnation for these arseholes who once again feel the best way to support Rangers is to sing about near hundred year old razor gangs led by fascists and fantasy songs about the Pope?

It's not the BBC's fault these dicks sung that song. It's not the fault of the Roman Catholic church, or the SNP or the police the fault lies firmly at the feet of the cretins who sung it. Nowhere else.

If you don't like the fact the song is banned, if you feel you should be able to sing 'no chapels to sadden my eyes' in public whenever you want then take it up with your MSP and your MP, lobby parliament, crowdfund a campaign, occupy George Sq, stand for election on this argument, pay for advertising explaining your views. But please, please stop fuckin singing it at Rangers games. It's 2016.

Scottish football is hating itself to death!,it is not paranoid to believe what is clearly evident in the consistant attacks on Rangers FC.

Scottish football,Scottish media,and Scottish government want Rangers dead,they tried but failed,but will continue to try.

The best thing we can hope for is success on the pitch,the quicker we get back to being top of the pile the better,although the hatred won't stop!.

The hatred won't stop but maybe our own a******e fans can get their act together and stop some of the hysteria aimed at us.

Maybe flyers could be printed to this effect and left in the area of these a******es.

I've already stated I wish our fans would stop singing these songs,however until parity is shown then it is difficult to stop our fans from singing them!,and just calling Rangers fans arseholes isn't really helping the case!,aye there are loads of arseholes follow every team but again it can't be just one way!.

Agreed it can't be one way with the continual witch-hunt against us but these fans who continue to besmirch our name do nothing for the cause and as the saying goes about making your own bed WELL!!!!!!

But what can happen to the club?, I agree it isn't good and it doesn't help,but the club are doing all they can to stop it,in fact it was almost gone but fans can see it's one way traffic and are retaliating!,it's maybe not right but the fact is it is all about attacking Rangers,of that there is no doubt and you can't deny that fact!

I do expect most Bears would put Rangers first, yes. I don't think that's expecting too much & I'm dismayed it could be considered living in a fantasy world.

I'd agree, but it just doesn't happen. It's extremely frustrating but it's a fact of life.

If you accept that (and the evidence is fairly evident) then you have to figure out another way to make it work. The best way is ensure parity of approach by the authorities.

As to your personal jibes, they bring nothing to the debate or the forum but as you say, it's a free country and no-one makes me log in here after all.

If you don't like them then don't start them.

The hatred won't stop but maybe our own a******e fans can get their act together and stop some of the hysteria aimed at us.

Maybe flyers could be printed to this effect and left in the area of these a******es.

Ice hockey and football clubs over here in Germany have fans who act as "fan stewards", at home and on away matches. These people are usually suggested by the fans and then agreed upon by the clubs, who usually have supporter coordinators or the like. Having these people would be a first step to get neds and can't-help-it folks out of the ground, before some policeman - with hardly a clue what is sectarian, bigotted, or discriminating - decides and pulls this or that individual for a non-existentent "offence". And that is self-policing rather then grassing (about which mostly those who can't help it will bark about).

That said, it starts with the schools as they lay the seed of intolerance and bigotry. Whether and how it manifests is just the end of that line of problems.

Edited by der Berliner