FT Linfield 0 - 7 Rangers (Miller 11, 28, 31, 53; Kranjcar 25; Kiernan 27; Garner 83)

It was a testimonial TB.

I know that Craig, we should have declined and used the free weekend to try to find some cohesion and form ahead of next weekends biggie, not a kickabout against a pub team where all we can possibly gain out of it is injuries. Thankfully apart from a head wound for Garner we seem to have come through unscathed.

Sometimes we should be looking at the bigger picture IMO. If we were playing St Johnstone next weekend I wouldn't have minded at all about this, but we are not ready for the tims game and we have foregone a good opportunity to try to get ready for it in favour of a jolly.

Some much needed confidence and game time for Senderos were gained from today and as Chilledbear points out, shows what we can do if we are given a bit of space. Not sure how easy it is to arrange a friendly at short notice mid season so thanks must go to linfield for the invite to play the testimonial.

It keeps things ticking over and has been a decent exercise.

Was checking the racing online there when I come across "Kenny the Captain" in the 3.25 at Thirsk today at a decent price of 4/1 in a 8 runner race with a decent chance on paper. Given his 4 goal captains performance earlier today I couldn't resist a wee cheeky couple of quid on this.

Predictably, Kenny was a let down again, meandering in 4th place miles off the pace.

Some things never change!!

I know that Craig, we should have declined and used the free weekend to try to find some cohesion and form ahead of next weekends biggie, not a kickabout against a pub team where all we can possibly gain out of it is injuries. Thankfully apart from a head wound for Garner we seem to have come through unscathed.

Sometimes we should be looking at the bigger picture IMO. If we were playing St Johnstone next weekend I wouldn't have minded at all about this, but we are not ready for the tims game and we have foregone a good opportunity to try to get ready for it in favour of a jolly.

you don't think any match is a good opportunity to build up cohesion and put into practice what they have been doing on the training field? if anything i think another match before next weekend was very much needed.

Any competitive match is good preparation.

If today's game helped KM get his timing back and he scores just one against next week's opponents then today's game has been worth it.

Was checking the racing online there when I come across "Kenny the Captain" in the 3.25 at Thirsk today at a decent price of 4/1 in a 8 runner race with a decent chance on paper. Given his 4 goal captains performance earlier today I couldn't resist a wee cheeky couple of quid on this.

Predictably, Kenny was a let down again, meandering in 4th place miles off the pace.

Some things never change!!

there was this horse called "Ibrox".......

you don't think any match is a good opportunity to build up cohesion and put into practice what they have been doing on the training field? if anything i think another match before next weekend was very much needed.

In a previous post in this thread I said we should have got a more competitive friendly arranged, behind closed doors even, to try to get a better workout than this jolly against amateurs.