As I said, with a few exceptions. Nobody can say for sure who they could or couldn't get, but given the size of the club and their spending power, it stands to reason they would have as much pull as just about anyone.

Very easy to agree with that - but Mourinho has won it all before - and given he has been a cheque book manager there was no reason to suggest he couldn't again - last season he lost the dressing room, no reason for Man Utd to believe that wouldnt be the case this time round.

Not saying he was the best choice - but I'm not convinced that he was a bad choice either - other than Wenger and SAF he is the only multiple EPL winning manager I think. So he was a fairly sensible choice - he won the league the season before with Chelsea did he not ?

Very easy to agree with that - but Mourinho has won it all before - and given he has been a cheque book manager there was no reason to suggest he couldn't again - last season he lost the dressing room, no reason for Man Utd to believe that wouldnt be the case this time round.

Not saying he was the best choice - but I'm not convinced that he was a bad choice either - other than Wenger and SAF he is the only multiple EPL winning manager I think. So he was a fairly sensible choice - he won the league the season before with Chelsea did he not ?

Yeah he did, but then he took Chelsea to 16th place and that's just diabolical. If I was in charge at Man Utd I wouldn't have gone for him at that point. I seem to have been proved right.

Yeah he did, but then he took Chelsea to 16th place and that's just diabolical. If I was in charge at Man Utd I wouldn't have gone for him at that point. I seem to have been proved right.

I'm not sure there were too many better options though. The big names were taken - Pep, Conte, Ancelotti, the Sevilla coach, Simeone had committed to Atletico, Luis Enrique wasn't leaving Barca - so I genuinely don't know who else they would have went for that the fans could buy into.

I'm not sure there were too many better options though. The big names were taken - Pep, Conte, Ancelotti, the Sevilla coach, Simeone had committed to Atletico, Luis Enrique wasn't leaving Barca - so I genuinely don't know who else they would have went for that the fans could buy into.

1 win from their last 6 league games and he's spent a fortune. That suggests to me there must have been lots of superior options. Mourinho is a hugely talented manager, but for whatever reason it just doesn't click for him at all anymore.

I was always a huge fan of Mourinho, though not so much of his playing style. If he isn't getting lots of success, then he quickly becomes quite an undesirable proposition. I think he needs to take a bit of time out of the game and try a different league when he returns.