Man Utd fans must be wondering why they are going to Anfield and shutting up shop, Sir Alex wouldn't have done that in a million years.

Chelsea away next weekend for Man Utd, wonder if Mourinho will do the same and play for a draw. If they don't get 3 points but Arsenal and Man City beat Middlesboro and West Brom respectively the gap will be about 7 points.

Man U should be playing better they have talent in abundance. Schneiderlin, Herrera, Schweinsteiger, Pogba, Carrick, Young, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Martial, Zlatan, Rooney.....they should be finding a better formula with that list.

A few of the players you mention are long since finished.

One thing I should mention about my trip to the Emirates on Saturday past is that I don't think that I will ever complain about the prices of food at Ibrox again.....

My kid wanted something to eat so the wife gave him a 20 pound note to go get himself something... he came back with a burger (no bun/roll) and chips... the change ?? 6 pounds 50. And, yes, we checked him to see if he was mooching the change, lol.

13 pound 50 for a burger and chips.... unreal. Not that tasty either.

A few of the players you mention are long since finished.

None of them are finished.

Schweinsteiger has regressed but could still do a job for most teams.

Carrick is well in his twilight but still a class act.

Rooney is nowhere near the same player granted.

But they should still be using those players far better.

Liverpool win to go equal top on points with Arsenal or at least until tomorrow when City play. Man Utd sitting comfortably outside the top 4 and even if they beat Chelsea tomorrow will still be outside it. Probably not what the Utd fans expected from 'the special one' after a world record spend on a single player.

Might be notable that the only top 4 side City have played so far were Totenham and they lost that by 2-0 while the only other collision so far between the current top 4 was Arsenal v Liverpool which Liverpool won by 4-3 on Arsenals patch. Unless Utd really start clicking which they have shown no signs of doing there is a distinct possibility they will finish outside the top 4 again.

Still early days but you start to get the feeling that Liverpool will be in that top 4 when the dust finally settles along with City and Arsenal. Final spot a scrap between Totenham, Chelsea, and Utd.

None of them are finished.

Schweinsteiger has regressed but could still do a job for most teams.

Carrick is well in his twilight but still a class act.

Rooney is nowhere near the same player granted.

But they should still be using those players far better.

At the level man utd need to get to those 3 and more are finished.

Decent chance of a draw there. Surely the sensible bet is half on it though.

Decided to decline...I cant make up my mind. I think Chelsea could win 4-0 but Jose could also turn up and do a job. Will stay sensible and lump it on another game midweek. :-)