Club 1872 Calls for Ibrox Ban for Celtic Fans

I'm sure we could work around any rules - BUT both clubs would have to agree.

I think it makes sense, although you get the people who don't miss an away game that won't agree. As I've said before, the flip side is that about 10k more Rangers fans get to see the game without having to buy the inclusive season ticket.

So it is better to have more of our fans seeing it, or better for our more committed fans to see it more often?

Remember the former can still be committed fans who just can't get to every game for a multitude of reasons.

If that is the case it makes C1872 and their words empty and useless. Leaves them looking foolish. As far as the segregation argument goes, their fans could have been given 1000ish seats in BR1 and BF1 segregated by BR and BF2 and the rest for bears should we have been required to admit them.

A compromise could have been agreed and the club plus C1872 could have made things clear and saved face. Now after what happened at the piggery we are allowing them free access to behave in this fashion at ibrox without fear.

Not necessarily a bad thing. Let them trash Ibrox and then we highlight the damage caused in the same way that happened at Parkhead. Thereafter, C1872 can ask the Club to reach out to Celtic and ask for a blanket ban on away fans at both grounds. Means there will be no damage ay either stadium.

Not necessarily a bad thing. Let them trash Ibrox and then we highlight the damage caused in the same way that happened at Parkhead. Thereafter, C1872 can ask the Club to reach out to Celtic and ask for a blanket ban on away fans at both grounds. Means there will be no damage ay either stadium.

Except we'll not be able to highlight it as some idiot in the crowd will have said a naughty word and all the focus will be on that...

Except we'll not be able to highlight it as some idiot in the crowd will have said a naughty word and all the focus will be on that...

Ha, we can but live in hope that we learn how to shift the focus onto them, rather than score an own goal and have the focus firmly on us.

• 3 weeks later...
from Sky twitter ...

Sports Scotland ‏@ScotlandSky · 1h1 hour ago

#Rangers statement - "The Club’s Directors are fully aware of the disgust felt by Rangers supporters who were subjected to a sickening and shameful display of outright sectarian hatred towards them. We also share the fans' anger and will be contacting Club 1872 as a matter of urgency.”

Have the club contacted Club 1872 yet?

Have the club contacted Club 1872 yet?

The club contacting Club1872 makes me think of how we are told Peter Lawwell can independently work in the best interests of both CFC and SFA at the same time.

The alternate answer is the club did answer and told them that we are fleecing them for £50 a ticket so there is no way we are banning them.

Is it just me that doesn't give a shit about "SPFL rules"? We'd be asked to give our reason for banning them, and then they in turn would be duty bound to investigate. It might just open a big can of worms.

When Murray banned them, it was because they damaged a few seats. I think we now have more than enough reason to ban them given their recent "exuberance".

The difference between the Rangers and Celtic support has been remarkable over the last year. Look at the displays. Our wonderful, purely football-related displays celebrating our shared love of our club. And then the tims, all they have is "Hun scum", obscure references to the IRA, and effigies.