Club Statement: Joey Barton suspended for three weeks

Can Rangers not just give him his jotters without any pay-off like they did with Sandaza?

Does the club not give second chances?

He is being punished - if he comes back after 3 weeks and wants to make a go of it then I would hope our club would be willing to move on and work together.

Does the club not give second chances?

He is being punished - if he comes back after 3 weeks and wants to make a go of it then I would hope our club would be willing to move on and work together.

I'm just sick of the guy mate, he seems to have brought back all the bad old days we are trying to get away from and upsetting all the goodness in the squad that's been built up over the past year or so. He hasn't really set the heather on fire for us, and in my opinion has been a disaster of a signing. I would prefer it if he never plays for us again.

I'm just sick of the guy mate, he seems to have brought back all the bad old days we are trying to get away from and upsetting all the goodness in the squad that's been built up over the past year or so. He hasn't really set the heather on fire for us, and in my opinion has been a disaster of a signing. I would prefer it if he never plays for us again.

That is fair enough mate.

My thinking is that he just can't become a bad player over night and to be honest I think there is a lot of revisionism going on in regards to his performances.

He has not been as bad as some would have you believe.

That is fair enough mate.

My thinking is that he just can't become a bad player over night and to be honest I think there is a lot of revisionism going on in regards to his performances.

He has not been as bad as some would have you believe.

It's all the stuff about C*ltic that has emerged involving that smug rhat Liewell with his smug retorts. That put the tin lid on it for me regarding JB.

It's as if anything the media can get hold of that shines a dark light on the club they'll mug their granny for it, JB handed it to them on a plate.

Going back to his performances...I'm not saying he isn't a good player, just that he isn't suited to us - maybe 10 years ago with more experienced pros around him, he's not a model pro himself so he's not the type we can do with right now.

‘Let me get revenge on Celtic’: Joey Barton wants to resurrect his Rangers career

JOEY BARTON admits he’s desperate to resurrect his Rangers career because he wants another crack at Celtic.

The controversial midfielder is currently serving a three-week suspension after he failed to apologise to manager Mark Warburton following a training ground bust-up.

Barton’s days in Glasgow appear to be numbered but the 34-year-old has thrown the door open to a possible return.

Speaking at the launch of his autobiography ‘No Nonsense’ in London last night, the Englishman insisted he wanted the opportunity to make amends to boss Warburton for the humiliating 5-1 Old Firm thrashing earlier this month.

He said: “The Old Firm is more deeply rooted than just football, but my experience of it wasn’t every good.

“It’s not going to be if you get beat 5-1.

“It was difficult to take it all in. I was just worried about getting beat.

“If we had won 5-1 it would have been the best thing I’d ever experienced. Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to play in a few more and experience a few more different outcomes.”

To publicise his new book Barton held a 90-minute question and answer session with Times journalist Henry Winter in central London.

The plan had initially been for Barton, who had pulled out of two public speaking commitments earlier in the day, to avoid speaking about his current employers.

When he appeared on stage last night Winter explained that out of respect for Rangers he was going to skirt around the suspension issue to which Barton chipped in: “Otherwise I will get the sack.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7238850/Let-me-get-revenge-on-Celtic-Joey-Barton-wants-to-resurrect-his-Rangers-career.html