Fan arrested over hanging blow up dolls at Old Firm match

Since when was wearing an orange sash a religion?

Who do you know who wears an orange sash other than a member of the Orange Order, which is a Christian organisation?

Your attempt at trolling and sarcasm shows a depth of naivety.

It's obvious the complicit gutter press are trying to equal the blame when every report on the hanging effigies always follows the damage to the toilets!,one act is pure vandalism and the other pure sectarian bigotted hatred!

And they deliberately are avoiding the fact that this happens to the loos at Ibrox when they visit.

Edited by SteveC

Who do you know who wears an orange sash other than a member of the Orange Order, which is a Christian organisation?

Your attempt at trolling and sarcasm shows a depth of naivety.

I see people wearing Orange every day and it is nothing to do with the orang lodge. How in gods name do you think the police can prove that this was religious hatred? I am not trolling it would seem to be you think everybody that disagrees with you is trolling. They may be able to get a football related charge but not religious hatred. I would like to here from you how you think that it is possible for religious charges. Rangers or orange aren't religions.

I see people wearing Orange every day and it is nothing to do with the orang lodge. How in gods name do you think the police can prove that this was religious hatred? I am not trolling it would seem to be you think everybody that disagrees with you is trolling. They may be able to get a football related charge but not religious hatred. I would like to here from you how you think that it is possible for religious charges. Rangers or orange aren't religions.

It was very clearly aimed at the orange order. No one could reasonably argue otherwise.

First of all, you may see people at any time and any where wearing orange items of clothing. However, how many will be wearing an Orange Sash?

Surely, being kind, you will agree that we are talking about symbolism when we refer to these blow up dolls. One is wearing a Rangers scarf and the other is wearing a crudely shaped sash.

As far as the doll with the Rangers scarf goes it does not necessarily have to be proved to be a religious hate crime, just a hate crime will do.

Now is the Orange Order religious ? ...

The basis of the modern Orange Order is the promotion and propagation of "biblical Protestantism" and the principles of the Reformation. As such the Order only accepts those who confess a belief in a Protestant religion.

Now associate the sash around the second doll with that statement and you can argue religious hatred.

If a Sheriff can argue that a young man singing 'TBB' is thinking about inciting a riot, then it is not beyond the pale that the argument can be made for a religious hate crime here.

We have seen in the past that a previous player and manager of C1888c has referred to Rangers' fans as 'DOBs' - one Neil Lennon.

We also have these stickers recently ...

These vile stickers have appeared on London Road between the Police Station and Helenvale Street.

?type=3

... which show us what the C188c fans who put them there think of Rangers fans. I don't say that all of the C1888c support say this but a sizeable portion do, as is evident on social media.

now I know that you know all this and are perfectly aware of the OO symbolism, hence why I thought you were trolling.

You don't have to. They have to prove it isn't. Or at least prove reasonable doubt.

You only have to convince a jury it was.

I think you do have to prove it in court which 'innocent until proven guilty' is all about. Personally I too may argue that there is a religious/sectarian element to it because let's face it we all know there is but proving it can be a different matter and prosecutors likely take the easiest path to a conviction of any kind.