If YOU were Mark Warburton

I really don't buy all this Irish pride nonsense. Hypothetical I know - but if they had been founded by a Welsh priest from a mining village in some unpronounceable place in the Valleys, would they all wave Welsh flags and sing old mining songs at the game? No chance - and why? Because Wales doesn't give them that 'legitimate' right to scream in your face about their bigoted views. I know loads of Celtic fans who belt out the Irish songs of 'victimisation' and lament, who have no idea whatsoever if they have any Irish distant relatives. Its bugger all to do with their heritage.

There is a bizarre difference in their attitudes to that I see anywhere else, take the US again as an example. Almost everyone comes from somewhere else in the not too distant past and while some may have an 'affinity' or an interest in that origin it doesn't translate into flying foreign flags and claiming an allegiance over and above that of the country they were born in.

In fact it's the complete opposite. They have a nationalistic pride and loyalty to their new country that's almost abnormal. They may have annual gala days and stuff like that where they might celebrate these foreign roots but that's simply a cultural gathering there is no suggestion or hint of any allegiance to anything but the land of their birth. Anyone saying he would be fighting for this foreign land against the homeland would be a traitor and throughly mistrusted even despised.

Hell Trump would deport the 'sellick' brigade for treason. And i'm guessing anyone flying flags and singing songs in support of terror groups attacking the nation would face a more than hostile response. Shit they go crazy if someone simply doesn't stand for the national anthem. It's headline news.

There is a bizarre difference in their attitudes to that I see anywhere else, take the US again as an example. Almost everyone comes from somewhere else in the not too distant past and while some may have an 'affinity' or an interest in that origin it doesn't translate into flying foreign flags and claiming an allegiance over and above that of the country they were born in.

In fact it's the complete opposite. They have a nationalistic pride and loyalty to their new country that's almost abnormal. They may have annual gala days and stuff like that where they might celebrate these foreign roots but that's simply a cultural gathering there is no suggestion or hint of any allegiance to anything but the land of their birth. Anyone saying he would be fighting for this foreign land against the homeland would be a traitor and throughly mistrusted even despised.

Hell Trump would deport the 'sellick' brigade for treason. And i'm guessing anyone flying flags and singing songs in support of terror groups attacking the nation would face a more than hostile response. Shit they go crazy if someone simply doesn't stand for the national anthem. It's headline news.

Except in places such as Boston where they continue to have mass collections for the IRA..... :ninja: