Vanguard Bears Rangers fan unmasked as Scottish Cup Final pitch invader wanted...

Well ... if anyone of us had been there and seen our players being attacked by that inavding horde, would you have remained behind the boards? I'm not sure I would have ...

BTW, critique is fine, but the reaction on here (and elsewhere) also (sic!) shows where we as a support have failed these last decade or so.

There is no sympathy for him from my side of the keyboard mate.

Depends what he saw and was reacting to. A Rangers' player lying prone with danger all around him would move most into some action or another, I'd have thought. I realise it may have been someone just fancying a punch up on the pitch but we don't really know yet, do we? Also, and again without wishing to condone something that may (only may thus far) be out of order, I grew up going to games in the 70s and the idea of any fans, far less Rangers' lads, not reacting to a mob of pitch invaders giving it wanker signs etc. is hard for me to imagine. The Irish chap, Barry Glendenning, reporting on it on the Guardian podcast, said that we only reacted after the most severe provocation.

Edited by SteveC

Lifted from FF:

Grandmaster_Suck

Grandmaster_Suck is offline The cat wot sat on the mat

06-03-2005

The Disco Inferno

Default Re: Record and this Hampden pitch invasion stuff

The Huddleboard stuck him in - they had a thread about VB going from March which hadn't been updated for months then yesterday teatime one of them posted up the pictures and gave an ID.

As with lots of issues the Tims play the rebel but love running to the authorities.

Did not think GS would be bothered, he has previous with VB.

Depends what he saw and was reacting to. A Rangers' player lying prone with danger all around him would move most into some action or another, I'd have thought. I realise it may have been someone just fancying a punch up on the pitch but we don't really know yet, do we? Also, and again without wishing to condone something that may (only may thus far) be out of order, I grew up going to games in the 70s and the idea of any fans, far less Rangers' lads, not reacting to a mob of pitch invaders giving it wanker signs etc. is hard for me to imagine. The Irish chap, Barry Glendenning, reporting on it on the Guardian podcast, said that we only reacted after the most severe provocation.

I did my time in the trenches home, away and in Europe in the 70's too mate. Those were far different days. Provocation is no defence in a court case. But one thing I would say is, the authorities should be striking an award to the Rangers fans for the constraint they showed that day rather than subjecting them to enquiry and trial by prejudiced madia.

Well ... if anyone of us had been there and seen our players being attacked by that inavding horde, would you have remained behind the boards? I'm not sure I would have ...

BTW, critique is fine, but the reaction on here (and elsewhere) also (sic!) shows where we as a support have failed these last decade or so.

Much as though we know that our players were attacked, I find it difficult to imagine that those witnessing the scenes that day were aware of it. You would have needed a very keen eye to do so.

I'm not saying that it wasn't so but I think that it can be used as an all too convenient excuse for being on the pitch.

In what way have we failed ?

who told the DR that it is him?

This is who told them.

Leneghan, 55, has been widely named on social media as one of 14 men whose pictures were released by police at the weekend.

Trial by facebook? Which sort of smacks of their previous claims of emails from unknowns and alleged claims by unknown police about Rangers fans preventing reinforcements getting into Hampden.

This is who told them.

Trial by facebook? Which sort of smacks of their previous claims of emails from unknowns and alleged claims by unknown police about Rangers fans preventing reinforcements getting into Hampden.

It's only trial by facebook if it turns out to be the guy named in the report. Given his replies in the report I'd doubt he was sitting at home watching the match on tv though.