Gilks or Foderingham against Celtic.

Gilks for me,he is less likely to try fancy footwork and has a better eye for a quick out ball.

Sorry but I just can't agreee that gilks has "a better eye for a quick outball". He's been caught with the ball at his feet on a number of occasions in his very few appearances this far.

From what I've seen Gilks isn't as good a keeper. If MW does think that they are equally as good then fair enough, but I'm sure he feels one is better and if that's the case then he should play the better player.

Should we also drop Wallace for Hodson?

I don't think Hodson would let us down tbh!,but again that's why I couldn't be a manager!,tough calls to be made. However I don't think playing Gilks before Wes will define the result!.

Edited by ian1964

Sorry but I just can't agreee that gilks has "a better eye for a quick outball". He's been caught with the ball at his feet on a number of occasions in his very few appearances this far.

Sorry could you refresh my memory of what game/s that this happened in because I simply cant remember a single occasion where I thought... oh this could be dicey when Gilks was in goal. In fact I'd even go as far as to say at no time when he has been in goal have I ever had a thought that he didn't have the situation calmly under control.

Wes played against Motherwell and Stranraer in the LC. Gilks has played in the other 4 and apart from the Burnley game hasn't let a single shot/cross go past him. As far as I'm concerned he may not be as good a shot stopper as Wes but he definitely commands his box better and that to me makes him the better keeper. I wouldn't hesitate to play him.

Sorry could you refresh my memory of what game/s that this happened in because I simply cant remember a single occasion where I thought... oh this could be dicey when Gilks was in goal. In fact I'd even go as far as to say at no time when he has been in goal have I ever had a thought that he didn't have the situation calmly under control.

Wes played against Motherwell and Stranraer in the LC. Gilks has played in the other 4 and apart from the Burnley game hasn't let a single shot/cross go past him. As far as I'm concerned he may not be as good a shot stopper as Wes but he definitely commands his box better and that to me makes him the better keeper. I wouldn't hesitate to play him.

For starters he had one VERY dicey moment in the pre-season friendly against cjarleston Battery that I can remember off the top of my head. Had ample time with ball at feet and deliberated for far too long, allowing the striker to hallenge him and almost steal the ball off his toe, with gilks hurrying the clearance and the striker getting a touch on it.

PS : Don't get me wrong, I like Gilks as a keeper but just couldn't agree about the "quicker eye for an outball" - though take Mack's assertion about speed of thought rather than speed of action.