Time to right a few wrongs - Rangers v Celtic

I agree, and in fact felt he was our best player in the last game.

He isn't fit, yet is being labelled as not good enough. Once fully fit this lad will be a revelation - was class in pre-season against Charleston when fit and same when in the team earlier in the season before getting injured.

Pre season means absolutely nowt. It's all about getting fitness. Which we aren't. If errors today were down to rustiness then MW should've known this, he should've played HF in there in that case. That was the substitution we needed to make today and it wasn't a possibility. I agree with Frankie in that MW bottled it today.

Had Holt scored and we won it would be a plaster on a gaping wound. We need to change a lot about the way we play. I wouldn't say any of the players were duds but they clearly lacked self belief today. We set up to sneak it and got battered 1-0. Thankfully their goal came on 87th min and not the 3rd minute as it'd be 5-1 all over again

They charged 49 quit at Parkhead - and we have agreed to charge the same at Ibrox.

Methinks there was a quiet rumour over on FF explaining that there was a gentleman's agreement between both clubs that either club will charge more for OF home games as advance compensation for damages caused by the respective away support. In "return", neither club would call in damage claims from the other club. Hence we usually hear next to nothing about this, or haven't for years, despite there was damage caused in either club's ground. That only changed after the last game at the Scumhut, when they needed something to deflect from their supporters antics about hanging dolls et al ... and the compliant mhedia was consequently all over it and nigh any article covering the off-field stuff were mentioning the vandalism to their toiletts aside their sectarian "banter".

Methinks there was a quiet rumour over on FF explaining that there was a gentleman's agreement between both clubs that either club will charge more for OF home games as advance compensation for damages caused by the respective away support. In "return", neither club would call in damage claims from the other club. Hence we usually hear next to nothing about this, or haven't for years, despite there was damage caused in either club's ground. That only changed after the last game at the Scumhut, when they needed something to deflect from their supporters antics about hanging dolls et al ... and the compliant mhedia was consequently all over it and nigh any article covering the off-field stuff were mentioning the vandalism to their toiletts aside their sectarian "banter".

They are even mentioning it now in reports of the wee boy being bottled.

Re. Windass, I am clearly seeing a different player to some fans. A fit Josh Windass would be in my team more often than not.

But he's not fit is he? How many games has he played this season ?

Same goes for Rositter & Crooks too. These are young players we signed with high hopes for them all. Maybe they've just not got the required levels of fitness & stamina required for the step-up to a higher level

I agree, and in fact felt he was our best player in the last game.

He isn't fit, yet is being labelled as not good enough. Once fully fit this lad will be a revelation - was class in pre-season against Charleston when fit and same when in the team earlier in the season before getting injured.

The only things I would hold against MW here are that there was essentially a consensus that McKay is out of form right now (and has been for weeks) and while he was good in the last OF game, today's was not one for him to get his form back. He didn't and one would hope he will rise to the challenge of getting his starting place back, which he no longer deserves - right now (sic!). Dodoo and Forrester offer more every time they enter the field.

Likewise, Windass was not up for that fight today. Good player and lad he is and will be, he shouldn't be thrown into this straight after injury, even though he looked good under similar circumstances in the first OF game. I would have hooked him at HT and brought someone more up to it in here ... e.g. O'Halloran, who has faced the Scum umpteens times before and knows how to take them on.

Injuries have thwarted the manager's plans quite often this season. IMHO, he should finally make his mind up which formation and players he will use against certain opponents. Much like a solid defence, start building up partnerships who know how members click, where to expect them and how to play each other. These last three games where rather disjointed stuff up front, not least as our attackers always went to different places and were interchanging positions. For that is cool if everyone knows that it happens, but looks quite bad if there is no general cohesion (e.g. someone taking up positions left by others).

Too bad that Wednesday will see another, totally different affair, as we'll have to take up a far more creative role than today.

Think I will take a break from the forum for a few days.

Having to read that this player is a dud, that guy is useless, we need to punt this player or the management team is excruciating.

Whilst I agree that we were second best today I am also pragmatic enough to realise that Celtic can spend more on one player than we can on our whole squad. We have no real right to be competing with them presently.

:(

Dude, it's blatantly obvious that some of our squad are not up to the job at SPL level (poor and all as the SPL is).

Pretending otherwise is utterly futile. It gets us nowhere.

Edited by TheWee BlueDevil

Craig not wise to take a break why not do what I done and rate players as seen,mine came from being at game and are an honest assessment.

I know not everyone can be there but if viewed live or otherwise it would be interesting to see comments/comparisons.

With assessments you can be negative/positive as you like.

Craig not wise to take a break why not do what I done and rate players as seen,mine came from being at game and are an honest assessment.

I know not everyone can be there but if viewed live or otherwise it would be interesting to see comments/comparisons.

With assessments you can be negative/positive as you like.

Wait a minute, you accuse me on another thread of being negative, but you give Windass 4/10? :D

Sorry for it being so high as he showed, today at least, he will struggle to reach a higher level in higher pressure games but no doubt a run of league games should help.

Today was not his day along with McKay it was painful watching them both.

Sorry for it being so high as he showed, today at least, he will struggle to reach a higher level in higher pressure games but no doubt a run of league games should help.

Today was not his day along with McKay it was painful watching them both.

Disagree on Windass. My issue with him is that, along with most of the summer signings, he doesn't appear to have the fitness required. But there is no way he was the worst player today, on the contrary he was one of the few bright spots IMO. And at Parkhead he was again one of very few with pass marks. I like him.

McKay, as previously stated, needs a prolonged period out of the team. He'll be back, but he needs taken out of the team right now.