Is the Warburton magic starting to fade?

Warburton is a young manager in experience terms, this being his first big club and dealing with high profile players, nutty media and a massive fan base demanding success the day to day pressures these aspects bring would tell on the most experienced managers. Having said that I really like him and hope he can start to turn the ship in the right direction again.

We can't get a top manager. So our choices are someone who might be on their way to the top or a jobbing mid l evel Scottish manager.

A billy Davies or a Derek mcinnis.

Pep is struggling right now. Should city get rid?

I'm not saying we should get rid but Pep has a huge pedigree; Warburton had one ok season before us and was a bit of a punt from a desperate position where we needed someone cheap to do a job on the cheap.

Hopefully he'll come good but despite showing promise, he hasn't really won anything of note yet in his short career - which is more relevant to Rangers than most clubs, and we have to assess if he has the potential to do so. We can't wait forever, but he'll always get this season and probably another.

Since he came he's should have been doing better than Robbie Neilson who's had a very similar task, but with a lot less money...

The latter also hasn't won anything but some of his lack of cup success can be somewhat forgiven by going out to Celtic three times and also narrowly to their fierce derby rivals at the second attempt - a team Warburton lost to in the final. Neilson also lost to St Johnstone in the League cup this year, something also mirrored by Warburton.

Warburton edges ahead with a penalty win against Celtic but loses out on RN's start in the SP last year and this.

MW also has to do better than McInnes who has a cup win, two second places and a third, and is in second place now. He's also in this season's League cup final.

Basically, I think we all expect Warburton to do better than those two with the budget he has and the backing of the Ibrox crowd.

He's our best chance of competing with the budget constraints we have.

This.

Managing Rangers in 2016 is a bit like trying to run the 100m with your legs tied together.

After McCoist, you can at least see that Warburton has a vision. Where I would criticise him is I think he had rather a poor transfer window in the summer. But so have the best managers in the game.

I think Warburton has shown enough forward thinking to merit a bit of patience from the most impatient fans in world football. Alternatively you could think back to how we set up under McCoist.

I think we're reaching a stage where questions will begin to be asked of the size of King's wallet.

I'm not saying we should get rid but Pep has a huge pedigree; Warburton had one ok season before us and was a bit of a punt from a desperate position where we needed someone cheap to do a job on the cheap.

Hopefully he'll come good but despite showing promise, he hasn't really won anything of note yet in his short career - which is more relevant to Rangers than most clubs, and we have to assess if he has the potential to do so. We can't wait forever, but he'll always get this season and probably another.

Since he came he's should have been doing better than Robbie Neilson who's had a very similar task, but with a lot less money...

The latter also hasn't won anything but some of his lack of cup success can be somewhat forgiven by going out to Celtic three times and also narrowly to their fierce derby rivals at the second attempt - a team Warburton lost to in the final. Neilson also lost to St Johnstone in the League cup this year, something also mirrored by Warburton.

Warburton edges ahead with a penalty win against Celtic but loses out on RN's start in the SP last year and this.

MW also has to do better than McInnes who has a cup win, two second places and a third, and is in second place now. He's also in this season's League cup final.

Basically, I think we all expect Warburton to do better than those two with the budget he has and the backing of the Ibrox crowd.

You make some fair points, and the issue of his budget v other sides is perfectly pertinent. I just think he should be given a couple more transfer windows - as I said previously, some of the best managers in the world have made a pig's arse of transfer windows. Of all the situations in Scottish football, I'm not sure any can compare to the trauma we are trying to recover from. If anything wasn't going to be a quick fix, it's the situation we've found ourselves in.

I think where a lot of my faith in Warburton stems from is the change when he took over. After the car crash of McCoist, and latterly McCall, he was a breath of fresh air and seemed to give the club the boot up the arse it so sorely needed. Now he's in a different phase with different challenges. Is the jury out? Yes. Do I think he's the man for the current situation? Yes, I do.

The reaction has been quite depressing. Did most really think we'd be competing with Celtic for the title this year?

I made the mistake of flirting with FF when we went down to the Third Division. It was all "nae bother troops, only four years and the European nights will be back."

We are surely among the greatest supports in world football, but perspective and patience have never been among our virtues.

The reaction has been quite depressing. Did most really think we'd be competing with Celtic for the title this year?

A couple of months ago I took some stick for suggesting a top six place. I very much hope that I was wrong but does anyone see anything that says that's all we could bank on ? Injuries, marque arrivals not doing what was hoped, referee decisions, etc , etc - they've always been there. They didn't arrive at the start of this season.

I live in hope that all will pick up post criminal trial when ownership issues maybe make finance clearer and lead to open investment.

I made the mistake of flirting with FF when we went down to the Third Division. It was all "nae bother troops, only four years and the European nights will be back."

We are surely among the greatest supports in world football, but perspective and patience have never been among our virtues.

At least you know where you made your mistake Noris. I'd think about half of the posters over there couldn't find Ibrox with a sat nav.

Unless we are winning every game by a big margin, tanning the Tims every game, any manager would lose his sheen at Rangers, it's the way we are set up as a support. We are not used second best, even after all our troubles and being virtually picked clean by parasites, second best is just not an option.