Is the Warburton magic starting to fade?

. . .

Since he came he's should have been doing better than Robbie Neilson who's had a very similar task, but with a lot less money...

. . .

MW also has to do better than McInnes who has a cup win, two second places and a third, and is in second place now. He's also in this season's League cup final.

Basically, I think we all expect Warburton to do better than those two with the budget he has and the backing of the Ibrox crowd.

This is why many of the demands for more money from the board are off the mark. Others are showing what you can acheive with less.

The reaction has been quite depressing. Did most really think we'd be competing with Celtic for the title this year?

We would have been if the manager had built on the success of last year. Instead he has weakened the midfield with little or no improvement to the other areas.

We would have been if the manager had built on the success of last year. Instead he has weakened the midfield with little or no improvement to the other areas.

His recruitment has been very poor----we are and will continue to pay the price for this.Ultimately ,so will he.

We're not even into the second quarter of our first campaign in the SPL since 2011/12 season and given the advantages the main opposition have a top 3 finish for a Euro spot has to be acceptable and I think that will be achieved. With the relatively limited resources the manager has had at has disposal I fail to see how anyone else could have done any better.

From day one he has pointed out this is a project that will take years while all he has had is a single season and less than a quarter of a second. He has to be given the support to take the project forward.

This is why many of the demands for more money from the board are off the mark. Others are showing what you can acheive with less.

By my calculations we've spent over £3m on transfer fees since the start of last season.

Tav & waghorn cost £350k each(?), MOH cost £500k, garner cost £1.5m & Rossiter & Dodoo each cost £250k (?).

Other than Tav & Waghorn it's hardly been money well spent has it , although I do sympathise with MOH whose lack of game time mystifies me.

I'd certainly like to think this hasn't gone unnoticed by the Rangers board.

The minimum requirement is top 3 to get into the EL. Anything else totally unacceptable

I think we all agree what the minimum requirement is Rab. But have we shown anything so far suggesting that is achievable ?

In my opinion some of those the manager has placed his faith in are either going to have to get themselves fit and ready or begin to recognise what the managers plan is and work to it.

If that doesn't happen I think top 3 will be beyond us. We've some very difficult matches to come.

I think we all agree what the minimum requirement is Rab. But have we shown anything so far suggesting that is achievable ?

In my opinion some of those the manager has placed his faith in are either going to have to get themselves fit and ready or begin to recognise what the managers plan is and work to it.

If that doesn't happen I think top 3 will be beyond us. We've some very difficult matches to come.

We are 3 points behind the sheep who are sitting in 2nd place,where we went up to their patch and played them off the pitch and deserved a draw at least,plenty football to be played yet

Edited by ian1964

Tav & waghorn cost £350k each(?), MOH cost £500k, garner cost £1.5m & Rossiter & Dodoo each cost £250k (?).

Other than Tav & Waghorn it's hardly been money well spent has it ,

Rossiter at £250K isn't money well spent? Really?

Rossiter at £250K isn't money well spent? Really?

He looks the part from what I've seen and is a very highly rated England youth captain,all signings are gambles but this lad should prove to be a great signing,along with him the rest of the new signings have all been injured and have never had a run of games,so to write them off as bad signings is wrong IMO.

Far better more expensive players have failed to make it at Rangers,these guys are young and are still getting used to the pressure of playing for Rangers.

Edited by ian1964