Is the Warburton magic starting to fade?

"supposedly" title contenders.

That just makes it all the more laughable doesn't it. In what other league or alternate reality is finishing 15 points behind the winners last year and 17 points the year before called being title contenders? They were never anything better than second place contenders since we weren't in it and they're going to be put back into their accustomed spot of third place contenders at best.

The two years prior to the last two they finished third and eighth respectively.

So that's us 3 points behind the Sheep with a game in hand over them and St Johnstone. Should we win tomorrow and Hearts fail to beat Kilmarnock then we'd be level on points with the Sheep.

Even if Hearts beat Kilmarnock we will still be level with the sheep.;)2

I guess you mean second equal but I would say 4th as I can't see Hearts losing and the big shock is we have a goal difference of 0 (yes big zero) and Aberdeen +8 so we will still be 4th. I would say 8 goals is a virtual point as it is not likely we could clear that in 1 game. If Hearts do lose then yes we will go 3rd with the same points as the sheep.

Hearts have a GD of 9 so a draw would put us all equal on points with our GD well behind.

That is if we win of course and I am afraid that is not a certainty.

'The softest penalty you'll see'

FT: Hamilton 1-0 Aberdeen

"Having seen it again, it's not a penalty kick. It's the softest penalty you'll see. I'm just really disappointed that was given. The referee has got a good view of it.

"D'Acol has leaned into Anthony, Anthony's trying to get his hands up to show there's no contact and he's thrown himself (to the ground). He's backed in and maybe expecting contact but there's nothing there. It's not a penalty kick. Extremely disappointing because I think it gives the home team that lift.

"We're bemoaning the fact that we maybe haven't got a penalty kick ourselves and not made more of the opportunities."

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes on BBC Radio Scotland

Aye it's annoying when you get a dodgey decision against you Del boy!,you win some you lose some!:D

Edited by ian1964

'The softest penalty you'll see'

FT: Hamilton 1-0 Aberdeen

"Having seen it again, it's not a penalty kick. It's the softest penalty you'll see. I'm just really disappointed that was given. The referee has got a good view of it.

"D'Acol has leaned into Anthony, Anthony's trying to get his hands up to show there's no contact and he's thrown himself (to the ground). He's backed in and maybe expecting contact but there's nothing there. It's not a penalty kick. Extremely disappointing because I think it gives the home team that lift.

"We're bemoaning the fact that we maybe haven't got a penalty kick ourselves and not made more of the opportunities."

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes on BBC Radio Scotland

Aye it's annoying when you get a dodgey decision against you Del boy!,you win some you lose some!:D

I will be honest I don't really understand how Willie Collum still has his Licence. He must be the worst referee I have ever seen. I saw him in a game Aberdeen played last season and he was diabolical. I think he even had a 4 match suspension after it.

I will be honest I don't really understand how Willie Collum still has his Licence. He must be the worst referee I have ever seen. I saw him in a game Aberdeen played last season and he was diabolical. I think he even had a 4 match suspension after it.

Did he have anything like that to say about the foul awarded against us that stole them a winner?

If Scotland got rid of any refs who were shite and didn't deserve their license there would be none left and we would have to get foreign referees in...... Ohhhhhhhh, wait....

According to the record it was a penalty and not so much about contact as foul play.

The Irishman had no need to pull D’Acol’s shirt just inside the box as he controlled a pass from Ali Crawford on his chest. But the Dons centre back did it anyway, Willie Collum spotted it and correctly awarded the penalty.
Edited by JFK-1

If Scotland got rid of any refs who were shite and didn't deserve their license there would be none left and we would have to get foreign referees in...... Ohhhhhhhh, wait....

I must admit I watched the Liverpool -Spurs second half (FH highlights) and the ref gave a penalty that wasn't and never gave a penalty that was as clear cut as you can get so not only Scots refs balls it up.

If it were against us I might call it a soft penalty too but the fact is the Accies guy is in the box and is being hauled by the shirt from the moment the ball is struck. He's trying to fight him off but can't get away from his grip on the shirt. He probably didn't need to go down but he is being blatantly fouled and might have felt he had to go down to illustrate what was going on.