Is the Warburton magic starting to fade?

I think he chose the correct strategy because if nothing else under Rodgers they can be a potent attacking force. I wouldn't say he wasn't looking for a way to win but rather was looking to negate their attacking momentum and hit them on the break. Problem is as everybody has been noting our passing was deplorable.

But I don't see how we can blame that on the manager. I'm confident he didn't tell them to lose the ball at every opportunity after one or two passes.

Agreed, and we are capable of securing 2nd place even considering our start to the season so far

Couldn't agree more. Even though we have scarcely been setting the heather alight with stuttering inconsistent displays we have still produced far superior football to anything I have seen from Aberdeen who are truly crap in a league that's simply even more crap than they are. I still expect to finish above them. They're only 3 points ahead of us and we can only get better while they're already as good as they're going to get and that's crap.

Hopefully Accies who can often be a pain in the rear take something from them tonight

Totally agree Craig and I was also pushing the Tav to play midfield. I am not so sure that failed as that side we were pretty strong there and snuffed out tierney and Sinclair. The whole problem was we kept giving the ball away which made the defence start going deep which meant the midfield had to follow. Celtic pushed up and again and again we gave the ball away cheaply. Another thing that happened was we kept trying to play small triangles. When Celtic closed down we had the chance to switch the play to the opposite wing but almost every time Haliday or whoever turned back into the busy area and tried the same triangle and we could say goodbye to the ball. We just seemed to lack any confidence and started to just pass the ball anywhere.

Agreed pete.

I don't think the personnel selection was as much of an issue as the complete failure to do the basics, with it being a mixture of poor play from us and good pressing from Celtic.

Tierney and Sinclair ripped Tav a new one in the last game and all of their attacking threat came down that side. On Sunday past I felt Hodson and Tavernier were very effective at preventing those two from providing anything in an attacking sense. I barely remember Tierney being on the ball, and Sinclair didn't do a great deal when he had it either because of Tav & Hodson. Unfortunately Tav couldn't get forward as much as we would have liked but that wasn't because he wasn't willing or couldn't - it was more because we kept losing the ball cheaply, negating Tav as an outlet.

We lost the ball very cheaply on Sunday, something we didn't do in the semi in April or, indeed, in the 5-1 thumping. We at least found players in the 5-1, our downfall was Barton and Kranjcar got caught in possession far too often, which is different from making poor passes.

Couldn't agree more. Even though we have scarcely been setting the heather alight with stuttering inconsistent displays we have still produced far superior football to anything I have seen from Aberdeen who are truly crap in a league that's simply even more crap than they are. I still expect to finish above them. They're only 3 points ahead of us and we can only get better while they're already as good as they're going to get and that's crap.

Hopefully Accies who can often be a pain in the rear take something from them tonight

I'm going to be a jinx.... but almost half time and Accies are a goal to the good :thup:

So that's us 3 points behind the Sheep with a game in hand over them and St Johnstone. Should we win tomorrow and Hearts fail to beat Kilmarnock then we'd be level on points with the Sheep.

And it's not as if the sheep totally dominated and lost out as often happens to us. Accies more or less matched them.

Possession: Accies 48% - Sheep 52%

Shots: Accies - 9 - Sheep 10

Shots on Target: Accies 4 - Sheep 4

Edited by JFK-1

Dolly are pish, we seen it for ourselves a few weeks ago, and they will lose stupid games, like they have done in our absence when "supposedly" title contenders.

Failure to come second this year will probably mean we have had our lowest points total since 3 points for a win, and would IMO see MW sacked and rightly so.

I cannot see us not coming second, even with all the reservations I have about MW's tactics and summer 16 signings, and I also believe we will have a good run of form and wins at some point. Now would be a good place to start!

Our opponents are just so poor we can't not come second IMO.