[FT] RB Leipzig 4 - 0 Rangers

Frankly it was an utter shambles, there was myself and another wheelchair user.

We had to pick our tickets up at the stadium which sounds easy but was a nightmare. We asked a steward where the ticket office was and he pointed in a direction, so off we went and had to be carried up the first tranche of steps and proceeded towards a portacabin with Tickets written on it but they didn't have our tickets, took them 15 minutes on the phone to find out where we had to go which was 3/4s the way round the stadium and when we got there had to be carried down a similar set of steps by some obliging locals. We then had to cross the road to buy our tickets then go back across the road to the stadium and try to find a way in but nobody seemed to know where the lift was it took 10 minutes to find someone who did. We then had to go up 7 stories in the lift go 100 yards along a concourse then cross a bridge and enter the stadium concourse. David Martin or who ever did the recognisance couldn't be arsed to find out about the disabled facilities sadly this has been the case since the much maligned Lawrence MacIntyre departed, had a couple of run ins with him but at least he remembered that disabled fans were part of his remit not an inconvenience that could be ignored when it suited which has sadly seems to be the attitude of his successors.

Was 10 minutes late in getting in but once inside the experience was completely different, the viewing are which runs virtually the whole length of the front of the upper tier of the main stand was on a par with the finest I've ever seen, a lady came out and gave us fleece blankets and asked if we wanted anything from the kiosk, the toilets were absolutely first class state of the art .

You may or may not be aware that both David Martin and Robin Howe were at the match, they were to be found together at the top of the first flight of stairs. As I've posted earlier in the thread, the Police operation was outstanding both to and from the ground, to the extent of anticipating that some fans would want to walk back to town and they even had a van posted in the park to light the way for us with headlights. So it's sad to hear of your bad experience; but as you know from past trips, the locals do not always follow what is agreed in advance (assuming that something was actually agreed).

It does sound, however, as if you had the better of us able bodied chaps in terms of the toilet facilities, which were tight and very crowded to say the least.

You may or may not be aware that both David Martin and Robin Howe were at the match, they were to be found together at the top of the first flight of stairs. As I've posted earlier in the thread, the Police operation was outstanding both to and from the ground, to the extent of anticipating that some fans would want to walk back to town and they even had a van posted in the park to light the way for us with headlights. So it's sad to hear of your bad experience; but as you know from past trips, the locals do not always follow what is agreed in advance (assuming that something was actually agreed).

It does sound, however, as if you had the better of us able bodied chaps in terms of the toilet facilities, which were tight and very crowded to say the least.

I was simply told by Rangers to pick my tickets up at the Ticket Office at Leipzig, had they included even the address of the Ticket Office and pointed out how to access the stadium it wouldn't have been a problem after all they they sorted out the access for everyone else. There was only one way for wheelchairs to enter the stadium I really don't think it's asking too much for whoever is responsible to do their job but as seems the norm on European trips they either failed or neglected to ensure adequate arrangements were made for Rangers wheelchair fans.

On previous trips I've been told to pick up my tickets at the ground or that my name would be on the guest list only to be denied access through the police cordon because didn't have a match ticket, have nearly missed a couple of games because of this.

He was completely out his depth (as were Halliday and Holt) against Leipzig. There was one crazy spell in the first half where he twice passed the ball straight to RBL players and then the next time he had it one ran up and easily took it off him.

I just think that a lot of these guys especially Tavs and Holt looked great against very mediocre opposition but simply aren't good enough to step up to SPFL level never mind a top class German team like RBL.

Holt has been very poor all season it looks like the step-up is too much for him at this time. How often has he got between the lines this season, I can't remember once.

I was simply told by Rangers to pick my tickets up at the Ticket Office at Leipzig, had they included even the address of the Ticket Office and pointed out how to access the stadium it wouldn't have been a problem after all they they sorted out the access for everyone else. There was only one way for wheelchairs to enter the stadium I really don't think it's asking too much for whoever is responsible to do their job but as seems the norm on European trips they either failed or neglected to ensure adequate arrangements were made for Rangers wheelchair fans.

On previous trips I've been told to pick up my tickets at the ground or that my name would be on the guest list only to be denied access through the police cordon because didn't have a match ticket, have nearly missed a couple of games because of this.

I don't think anyone would argue that that is just not good enough.

Holt has been very poor all season it looks like the step-up is too much for him at this time. How often has he got between the lines this season, I can't remember once.

And yet MW starts AH and JH every game and most often they don't get subbed either.

It will be interesting to see if either of the new lads can force them out of the team; I have my doubts as they seem firmly entrenched in MW's mind.

It is an anti-Nazi song, not anti-German, as the Sun puts it. Should the Germans understand it, they will not condemn it. The guy posting the stuff on the net is the one who runs the Berlin CSC. It is like the planting of the Yahoo posing as a Nil by Mouth "neutral" in the Rangers end in Eindhoven in te days when it all started off.

It is a smear campaign, and the compliant media makes a story of it. The world sees jubilant football fans ... and the odd drunkard.

I worked in Germany for years. One Christmas we had a night out with both German and Brit workers from our factory. Towards the end of the night a couple of the guys stood on a table, lifted beer glasses to their eyes and did the Dambusters tune. Our German shop manager took no offence and replied with a German song called London's Burning.

It's called banter but the press here don't want to look at it that way. I await the demands for passports to be confiscated.

Was in the Hofbrauhaus on Friday and Saturday, there were Germans singing it as there almost always is in all our away games in Europe.

Also the only incident of note over 2 nights that saw the security intervene involved a bunch of London Firemen on a weekend away trip nothing to do with Rangers fans. In fact it was quite remarkable given how much bier was consumed especially on the Saturday that there was nothing of significance to report.

One Bear did require hospital treatment for a broken nose but that was due to him slipping on ice and landing head first, one of my mates and some other bears steadied him and cleaned him up a bit and the doorman called and ambulance.

Any undercover reporter looking for trouble from the big bad Rangers fans would have left desperately disappointed.

FAN FALL DRAMA Rangers fan falls ’20ft over barrier to concrete below after attempting a handstand’ before RB Leipzig friendly

The supporter who crashed to the ground*was taken away on a stretcher*at the Red Bull Arena - as reports emerge footie fans nicked for groping cabin crew on easyJet flight

A STRICKEN Rangers fan is tended to*by paramedics after falling 20ft over a barrier while reportedly trying to do a HANDSTAND.

The supporter who crashed into the concrete below was taken away on a stretcher before*Gers’ friendly fixture with RB Leipzig.

A STRICKEN Rangers fan is tended to*by paramedics after falling 20ft over a barrier while reportedly trying to do a HANDSTAND. The supporter who crashed into the concrete below was taken away on a stretcher before*Gers’ friendly fixture with RB Leipzig.

A frightened fan feared for his fellow fan’s safety as he tweeted a picture of him following the*“20ft” drop at the Red Bull Arena.Jim Pirie said: “A Rangers fan just fell over the barrier from about 20 feet on to the concrete below.“Taken away on a stretcher. Not good.”

Leipzig confirmed the fan was trying the gymnastic move and told how he was only slightly injured in a tweet.

The tweet*translated to read: “The Rangers fan, who crashed into the interior after a handstand attempt on the guest block railing, is only slightly injured.”

But the fan, believed to be Graeme Park, miraculously made it back to the stands to watch the game.

The Ibrox Loyal Facebook page wrote: “The Rangers fan that fell from the railing is fine, and is back in the stands watching the game! Albeit with a Prso style headband!”

Graeme Park wrote: “A fell on ma head at football but am OK”

Red Bull beat*Rangers 4-0 thanks to goals from Timo Werner, Scotland international Oliver Burke and a second half Yussuf Poulsen brace.

We told earlier how Mark Warburton viewed the game as a tester for his Rangers team’s quest for Europe next season.

Leipzig, currently second in the Bundesliga, were perfect preparation with his side “just 24 weeks away” from playing contintenal footie.

A group of Gers supporters were also caught on camera signing an anti-German song in a Berlin bar ahead of the Leipzig clash.

The group belted out a rendition of 10 German Bombers In The Air then the Dambusters – sparking anger on social media.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/437336/rangers-fan-falls-20ft-over-barrier-to-concrete-below-after-attempting-a-handstand-before-rb-leipzig-friendly/

He was just in front of me going into Leipzig train station. Someone asked him "Whit happened to yer heid" to which he replied "I fell over the barrier did you no see it on Facebook", seemed none the worse for his ordeal thankly.

Edited by forlanssister

He was just in front of me going into Leipzig train station. Someone asked him "Whit happened to yer heid" to which he replied "I fell over the barrier did you no see it on Facebook", seemed none the worse for his ordeal thankly.

F'n idiot trying a handstand with a 20ft drop. The sun really is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill with their anti-German songs. The headline should be "Scotland can be proud of the thousands of football supporters who spent a trouble free weekend in Leipzig"

Frankly it was an utter shambles, there was myself and another wheelchair user.

We had to pick our tickets up at the stadium which sounds easy but was a nightmare. We asked a steward where the ticket office was and he pointed in a direction, so off we went and had to be carried up the first tranche of steps and proceeded towards a portacabin with Tickets written on it but they didn't have our tickets, took them 15 minutes on the phone to find out where we had to go which was 3/4s the way round the stadium and when we got there had to be carried down a similar set of steps by some obliging locals. We then had to cross the road to buy our tickets then go back across the road to the stadium and try to find a way in but nobody seemed to know where the lift was it took 10 minutes to find someone who did. We then had to go up 7 stories in the lift go 100 yards along a concourse then cross a bridge and enter the stadium concourse. David Martin or who ever did the recognisance couldn't be arsed to find out about the disabled facilities sadly this has been the case since the much maligned Lawrence MacIntyre departed, had a couple of run ins with him but at least he remembered that disabled fans were part of his remit not an inconvenience that could be ignored when it suited which has sadly seems to be the attitude of his successors.

Was 10 minutes late in getting in but once inside the experience was completely different, the viewing are which runs virtually the whole length of the front of the upper tier of the main stand was on a par with the finest I've ever seen, a lady came out and gave us fleece blankets and asked if we wanted anything from the kiosk, the toilets were absolutely first class state of the art .

If you don't mind, I'd send the above to the RB Leipzig people responsible for this, so they can adjust accordingly? If anything, the German sport institutions go to great lengths to make sure disabled supporters get in as smoothly as possible and have a good day out.

Edited by der Berliner