[FT] RB Leipzig 4 - 0 Rangers

I'm not sure what our wage bill is at the moment but I'm presuming it's over 10m. What we need right now is a manager who can make us look like a 15m side on that budget and a 30m side on a 20m budget. What we've got is a 10+m team that looks like a 4m one.

Wages:

Celtic 32.7

Rangers 11.6

Aberdeen 6.1

Hearts 5.0

Wages:

Celtic 32.7

Rangers 11.6

Aberdeen 6.1

Hearts 5.0

Is that the first team wages or the whole company? I looked around and it's hard to get definitive figures but what I found suggested Celtic were in the mid to high 20s, Aberdeen about 4 and Hearts about 3. I think we pay less in directors fees than most clubs - ie close to zero.

But I'm happy to use your figures if you think they are accurate.

Is that the first team wages or the whole company? I looked around and it's hard to get definitive figures but what I found suggested Celtic were in the mid to high 20s, Aberdeen about 4 and Hearts about 3. I think we pay less in directors fees than most clubs - ie close to zero.

But I'm happy to use your figures if you think they are accurate.

Whole company. I believe it's impossible to get the wages accurately for just the first team squad. There were no directors' fees included in the Rangers figures.

Even though it's not just the first team squad, you would be comparing apples and apples by using these figures.

Whole company. I believe it's impossible to get the wages accurately for just the first team squad.

I agree it's very difficult - although Rangers have published this for the last two seasons. I seem to be able to get figures for the SPL a few years ago, as well as recent average player wages.

There were no directors' fees included in the Rangers figures.

Even though it's not just the first team squad, you would be comparing apples and apples by using these figures.

Fair enough. :)

I'm not sure what our wage bill is at the moment but I'm presuming it's over 10m. What we need right now is a manager who can make us look like a 15m side on that budget and a 30m side on a 20m budget. What we've got is a 10+m team that looks like a 4m one.

That's the best summation of our team that I have seen:clap:

After 3 trains and one flight I have a couple of hours to contemplate in Gatwick before the last leg home to Glasgow apparently 10 degrees warmer than Leipzig.

I wonder if everyone buys into this "we can only learn from playing better teams" theory being espoused by MW.

I note that AH conceded that 3 of the Leipzig goals came straight from us giving the ball away but also conceded that "we need to learn from that" must be this season's favourite phrase.

If I am correct did the European and Olympic champion 1953 Hungarians not play a factory team as a warm up before thrashing England 6-3 at Wembley then 7-1 in Budapest.

My point is - what does it do for player's confidence getting humped by an apparently fitter, faster, technically and tactically superior German team?

Wouldn't we be better playing a friendly against some second or third division team preferably somewhere a bit warmer where we might at least have a chance (albeit not a guarantee) of imposing our style and tactics such as they are on lesser or opponents?

I don't think we or our manager learned anything watching Leipzig run us ragged in sub zero temperatures yesterday.

To be quite honest it was embarrassing to watch apart from freezing cold.