[FT] RB Leipzig 4 - 0 Rangers

INFORMATION FOR ALL FOLKS COMING IN VIA

BERLIN - SCHÖNEFELD (SFX I think)

The regional train (RE 3717) running from Schönefeld station (which is close by the airport, but not directly at it) to Berlin Hauptbahnhof (central station), where the trains to Leipzig depart of is currently out of service (between Schönefeld to Ostbahnhof).

Anyone coming via Schönefeld (and unless this is fixed by that time), use the local city train (S-Bahn) service instead!

Schönefeld station: use S9 going to Pankow

Get out at Berlin - Ostkreuz and go downstairs to the platform which runs the local trains S5 (to Spandau), S7 (to Potsdam) or S75 (to Westkreuz) ... generally any train that goes to the city centre, as they all will travel through Berlin Hauptbahnhof. Do not enter any train going to Ostbahnhof, just wait for the next one. Travel time between Schönefeld - Ostkreuz - Hauptbahnhof will be about 45 mins.

If you got a ticket for the train from Berlin to Leipzig, it does include the fare from Schönefeld to Hauptbahnhof, as the local trains are run by the main train company too. Don't get confused by any ticket/fare control chap trying to tell you otherwise. Let them have your details if required and simply move on.

I'd like to thank dB for this and other very helpful information provided by PM on the trains to and from Leipzig.

Unfortunately he cannot be at the match, but I'm sure he'll be there in spirit :cheers:

... and glued to the tv, once I'm home!

And you ... yes, you all, you make us proud!

Leipzig don't know what will hit them ... it seems. Town, people, and RB.

I envisage a complete takeover of the Market Square etc

The numbers travelling are incredible. By my reckoning apart from Manchester and Barcelona this will be the biggest away European support I can recall for many a year.

Is there anything in the local papers?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Google translation

Such a test game has not experienced German football for a long time. On Sunday, RB Leipzig will face Glasgow Rangers. The Scots come in droves. Special pages are printed, the coach is amazed.

0 comments

display

To points it does not go. Also, it is not critical who wins or loses the game. Because it is only one of those tests, of which there are many for the Formcheck during the winter break.

But for the annex of the Glasgow Rangers, which are on Sunday with German national team RB Leipzig at 3.30 pm, the sporty comparison is second-rate anyway. Around 8,000 fans of the Scottish first division will accompany their team to Leipzig. They are so numerous, because they want to quiet their longing a little, to see the Rangers playing again on the European stage.

"Many fans have told me that they can not wait for the first European game. I did not want to believe that between 7000 and 8000 fans would travel to Germany for a test match, "said Mark Warburton, the Rangers coach.

display

After the bankruptcy of 2012 and the consequent descent into the fourth league, the Rangers had fought back with three ascents within four years in the first class. Behind the reigning champion Celtic Glasgow, the club, which was able to celebrate 54 championships in its history, is now ranked second after 21 matches.

This place would mean the qualification for the Europa League at the end of the season. And if that succeeds, the Rangers would be qualified for a European competition for the first time since the forcible departure in 2012.

"The fans long for European football"

The fact that 8,000 supporters are on the way to Leipzig shows how great the desire for the international games is. The Reiselust of the Rangers appendix has been a topic in the Scottish media for days.

The "Daily Record" devoted a whole report to the followers, from whom a large number flew to Berlin and from there to Leipzig, for the trip to Leipzig. The city of Leipzig, the stadium in which the game will take place and the Augustusplatz as a possible starting point, will be presented. Even to the low prices compared to Glasgow for half a liter of beer (2.70 to 3.20 euros) is referred.

"We will have phenomenal support in Germany," said coach Warburton, "The fans are longing for European football. To play again, we want to reach this season. "

The start is made on Sunday - even if this is not a mandatory game

8000 Rangers fans in Leipzig

The Rangers from Glasgow will be playing a test match at Rasenballsport Leipzig in the former central stadium on Sunday at 15:30. The Scottish club will be supported by 8,000 Rangers fans, who will be on their way to Leipzig next weekend.

"So many fans told me they could not wait for the first European game, but I never thought that between seven and eight thousand fans would go to Germany for a test match," said Mark Warburton, Rangers coach.

On Sunday 8,000 Rangers fans are expected in Leipzig. <br /> Picture: Euroluftbild.de

On Sunday 8,000 Rangers fans are expected in Leipzig.

Image: Euroluftbild.de

The Rangers rejected an offer for test games in Florida in the USA because of the long journey and test in the short Scottish winter break in the closer Leipzig. The Rangers are currently in the Scottish Premier League on the second table, behind the rival Celtic. This second place would mean the qualification for the Europa League at the end of the season. For the first time since the forcible departure in 2012, the Rangers would again be qualified for a European competition. Ranger's fans are longing for these trips.

RB Leipzig and Red Bull Salzburg had in the past repeatedly problems well-known test play opponents in Germany to find. Several test games were canceled after fan protests. RB Leipzig now seems increasingly to find international test play opponents. RB Leipzig played in the training camp against Ajax Amsterdam and lost 5-1. (Fascination, 10.01.2017)

Scottish Invasion - 8,000 Rangers fans in the approach

RB Leipzig is still in the training camp in Portugal. There will be a new test against Ajax Amsterdam on Wednesday in another test match to the Portuguese third-league SC Farense. But also the test game against the Glasgow Rangers on Sunday (3.30 pm in the Red Bull Arena) raises its shadows, especially with the Rangers fans.

Mark Warburton is impressed by Rangers fans

To this game, Rangers coach Mark Warburton expects up to 8,000 Rangers fans. Warburton finds the support of the Daily Record "phenomenal". "I'm not sure what Red Bull Leipzig has to think about the number of Rangers fans," he says impressed.

In the crowd of fans, he also recognizes a great hunger for European football. "This is what we want to achieve this season." So that you can not go to Europe for a test match next season.

Test against RB Leipzig instead of flight to Florida

Instead of the game in Leipzig you would also have the option to fly to Florida and play several test games there. But then one would have come back too late to prepare for a cup game on 20.01.2017.

"Leipzig will be the kind of task we need. They are second in the Bundesliga and a pressing team with high energy. "Warburton is looking forward to the challenge.

With up to two new entries live on TV

The Glasgow Rangers might have one or two new arrivals. But it would have to be players who fit into the team. With which new arrivals the Scottish club arrives is still unclear. Only that you will get a big fan support is clear.

The fans, who can not watch the game live in the Red Bull Arena, but must not forgo the game. Both the MDR and Servus TV want to broadcast the match live on TV and as a stream.