[FT] RB Leipzig 4 - 0 Rangers

In a nutshell JFK-!.

If we get needed game time during the winter break and actually make some money from the match as well then it's fine by me!

I will take a game against almost anybody and in fact I wish it were more games especially if we're on a run at the time. Break even or even a financial loss is acceptable to me to keep things ticking over and maintain match fitness and sharpness. Three weeks with no games is way too much and even just one in 3 weeks is pushing it. I always felt as if we suffered from that in SC final.

Make no mistake though, all these people crying havoc at RB Leipzig will buy Red Bull to keep them going at work, gaming session, night outs and whatnot ... without much problem.

That's me...........................:party3: job u like...................:party::party:

Most likely. And they managed to buy themselves out of the 5th tier up to the first, outspending most other clubs, even though there were some familiar faces along the way, e.g. Kaiserslautern. They do sell out their 42k stadium, play some attractive football and are not exactly littered with any big names. As opposed to e.g. Bayern in the German basketball league, who whipped up a team buying the best of all the (at the time) current best players and have set the tone since. It does help when you have a Hoeneß guy liking basketball and being one of the high-ups at the football section.

Hoffenheim is a similar case, backed by a millionaire but are essentially a suburb club with no following worth mentioning. They marched through the leagues too, had a fine season in the BL and then the big clubs circled and snatched their best players. Now they are mid-table stuff living on the good-will of their owner.

Obviously, Leipzig (despite being rather young) is some light for the East German* football world, as the rest lingers on in BL 2, 3 or below that, with a determined following but next to no money or financial backing. Understandably, they do not exactly like the newcomers, but on the whole they put a new East German city on the BL map.

*Hertha Berlin essentially is a "West-Berlin" i.e. "West-German" team, even though the last couple of generations of fans obviously hail from this region of Germany too.

Hoffenheim that is owned by the guy that owns the software firm S.A.P if I remember correctly. He has plenty of money as well.

Most likely. And they managed to buy themselves out of the 5th tier up to the first, outspending most other clubs, even though there were some familiar faces along the way, e.g. Kaiserslautern. They do sell out their 42k stadium, play some attractive football and are not exactly littered with any big names. As opposed to e.g. Bayern in the German basketball league, who whipped up a team buying the best of all the (at the time) current best players and have set the tone since. It does help when you have a Hoeneß guy liking basketball and being one of the high-ups at the football section.

Hoffenheim is a similar case, backed by a millionaire but are essentially a suburb club with no following worth mentioning. They marched through the leagues too, had a fine season in the BL and then the big clubs circled and snatched their best players. Now they are mid-table stuff living on the good-will of their owner.

Obviously, Leipzig (despite being rather young) is some light for the East German* football world, as the rest lingers on in BL 2, 3 or below that, with a determined following but next to no money or financial backing. Understandably, they do not exactly like the newcomers, but on the whole they put a new East German city on the BL map.

*Hertha Berlin essentially is a "West-Berlin" i.e. "West-German" team, even though the last couple of generations of fans obviously hail from this region of Germany too.

After German unification 26 years ago how many East German clubs got into the new unified german leagues?

I seem to remember Hansa Rostock being one

After German unification 26 years ago how many East German clubs got into the new unified german leagues?

I seem to remember Hansa Rostock being one

At first, quite a number of the former East German Oberliga sides. Over the years with lacking sponsorship and money, they all fell away. Half a handful established themselves in the BL 2 and later the newly found BL 3, with some making the odd foray into the BL as well, namely Energie Cottbus. After some rather dark years, these days 1.FC Union Berlin, Dynamo Dresden, and Erzgebirge Aue work their trade in BL 2, while Zwickau, Halle, Chemnitz, Erfurt, Rostock and Magdeburg try their luck in BL 3. There is somewhat of a recovery these last few years, as you can see.