[FT] RB Leipzig 4 - 0 Rangers

It looks like West German league showed a lot more friendliness the East German clubs than than English/Welsh leagues have shown to Scottish clubs.

Would have to check it, but I think the inital deal was more down to the re-unification statutes, laws, et al than any friendliness shown by the West German teams. Quite a few of the better East German players quickly ended up with West German teams, even English ones. Some names that spring to mind are Andreas Thom, Ulf Kirsten and Uwe Rösler, the latter still doing rather well as a manager. German international Toni Kroos, the frmr. Bayern and now Real midfielder hailed from Hansa Rostock once, while Michael Ballack once played for Dynamo Dresden.

Don't really get it. I don't recall Gretna, for example, having that level of hostility directed at them.

Fans of smaller clubs hated them and hated the media for fawning over them and telling the whole 'fairy tale rise' story. Livingston get a bit of that too.

German football culture is different from here. Their fans are very much part of their clubs, oligarchs and Arabian Sultans aren't welcomed with open arms and football isn't all about money. Maybe DB can confirm this but wasn't their a law that German sport's clubs had to be 51% fan owned?

If you get the chance Dell read Tor! an English language history of German football. It's excellent, well written and enlightening (for me at least). For example I'd no idea that the West German football was amatuer up to the 1960s, German players would leave for professional leagues abroad but never be picked by West Germany again, they bloody won World Cups with amatuers.

I was in Berlin earlier this year for the first time. My taxi driver from the airport was from Dresden, we got talking about football as you do and he told me the first football match he ever attended was Dynamo Dresden v Rangers in the Fairs Cup. He'd followed us ever since. We shared tales of following our clubs in the depths of our respective leagues as Dresden have hit hard times too. He got a good tip.

Fans of smaller clubs hated them and hated the media for fawning over them and telling the whole 'fairy tale rise' story. Livingston get a bit of that too.

German football culture is different from here. Their fans are very much part of their clubs, oligarchs and Arabian Sultans aren't welcomed with open arms and football isn't all about money. Maybe DB can confirm this but wasn't their a law that German sport's clubs had to be 51% fan owned?

If you get the chance Dell read Tor! an English language history of German football. It's excellent, well written and enlightening (for me at least). For example I'd no idea that the West German football was amatuer up to the 1960s, German players would leave for professional leagues abroad but never be picked by West Germany again, they bloody won World Cups with amatuers.

I was in Berlin earlier this year for the first time. My taxi driver from the airport was from Dresden, we got talking about football as you do and he told me the first football match he ever attended was Dynamo Dresden v Rangers in the Fairs Cup. He'd followed us ever since. We shared tales of following our clubs in the depths of our respective leagues as Dresden have hit hard times too. He got a good tip.

I am not DB but i can confirm it.

There are excptions though aren't there ?

Leverkusen are owned by a pharmaceutical company & Wolfsburg owned by VW.

No idea how RB Leipzig got round that ruling

I'll leave that one to DB.:seal:

More or less scheduled for the 15th of January now, according to a German local paper.

EDIT - 50+1 rule ...

While the rule is still in place, RB Leipzig only has a handful of members (membership is extremely expansive and needs approvement) who, lo and behold, are all Red Bull employees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50%2B1_rule

Edited by der Berliner

• 4 weeks later...

Ticket sales ...

Vorverkauf | Tageskassen:

Der VVK für den Test gegen die Glasgow Rangers startet am Montag, 05. Dezember 2016, 10.00 Uhr im RBL-Online-Ticketshop!

Ab Montag, 19. Dezember 2016, 10.00 Uhr sind die Karten dann zusätzlich im Red Bull Fanshop am Neumarkt und bei Arena Ticket. erhältlich.

Hinweis: Pro Käufer sind maximal vier Karten erhältlich!

Die Tageskassen öffnen am Spieltag um 13.00 Uhr.

Sale starts on Dec 5th at 10 am online.

From Monday 19th onwards, tickets can be bought at the local RB Shop in Leipzig.

Note: 4 tickets max per person

Box offices will open on 1 pm on matchday.

Geöffnete Sektoren:

Sektor A Unterrang (feste Platzzuweisung)

Sektor B (freie Platzwahl)

Dauerkarten zählen zu diesem Spiel nicht, Dauerkartenbesitzer haben dementsprechend zum Testspiel KEINEN Anspruch auf ihren Dauerkartenplatz und müssen sich eine Tageskarte kaufen.

Hinweis: Zutritt nur in neutraler bzw. Fankleidung von RB Leipzig möglich!

-> Season tickets do not count for this game, holders need to buy a ticket for that game to get in.

Opened Sections:

Sektor A Unterrang (seated tickets)

Sektor B (free seating)

Preise Sektor A Unterrang (lower section):

Vollzahler (normal): 15,00 Euro

Ermäßigt* (reduced): 12,00 Euro

Kinder bis einschließlich 14 Jahre (children up to 14): 5,00 Euro

Preise Sektor B:

Vollzahler (normal): 10,00 Euro

Ermäßigt* (reduced): 8,00 Euro

Kinder bis einschließlich 14 Jahre (see above): 5,00 Euro

ALL HOME SECTIONS: neutral clothing or RB Leipzig outfit required to gain entry.

Gästebereich:

Vorverkauf von Karten für den Gästebereich nur über die Glasgow Rangers (ab Montag, 05. Dezember) möglich. Genauere Informationen findet ihr auf der Homepage der Glasgow Rangers unter: rangers.co.uk.

Hier werden die Tickets aber zunächst an Jahreskarteninhaber verkauft!

Sale for the away section starts Monday 5th and ONLY via Rangers; information about that on the Rangers HP. Tickets will be sold to season ticket holders first.

Edited by der Berliner