[FT] RB Leipzig 4 - 0 Rangers

It's not about the law though Norris - it is about the incessant #Rangersbad narrative we get from the Scottish media, which will happen regardless of jurisdictional laws - should be boxing a little more clever than going to foreign lands and belting it out IMHO.

And we'll get it whether or not we belt out TBB. And if we don't, they'll say we did. That is the point.

Sing it loud Bears.

I don't think we need a law book, just common sense, and some of the support gaining a bit of maturity. Or maybe I just don't get that kind of self destructive mentality.

Or you accept that every other club gets to sing a 'battle cry'. Just not Rangers.

Stop rolling over Bears.

We will have to agree to disagree then pete - because I don't think there is too much doubt that the media have managed to alter the narrative over the past decade or so into an anti-Rangers bias.

If you think that "what is written in the media matters not a jot" then we will most definitely have to agree to disagree.

It only matters because the laws were changed. It was originally complained about by Celtic minded writing to UEFA and there it grew legs. It was not invented by the media they just ran with it. If the laws were not changed then the media's input would be zero. If people were not being arrested and rangers not receiving fines then we would still be singing it no matter what the media think about it. If you think that we are not be singing it because the Daily Record etc say so then I am happy to disagree. The media are pointing out instances where we sing it but if UEFA or the Authorities\Government take no action then nothing will change and we will continue to sing it.

Die Schotten kommen: Sonderflüge zum Testspiel gegen RB Leipzig

Willkommen Schottland! Rund 8000 Fans der Glasgow Rangers werden am Sonntag zum Testspiel gegen RB Leipzig erwartet. Am Airport landen Sonderflüge.

http://www.lvz.de/Sport/RB-Leipzig/News/Die-Schotten-kommen-Sonderfluege-zum-Testspiel-gegen-RB-Leipzig

Anyone care to translate?, Pete/DB?

I just noticed this is a full article. I will leave the full translation to DB as Dutch is more my territory.

I could be wrong but I think we have an obligation to do these things. They aren't invited, it is, as far as I am aware, part of the contracts that the SFA and SPFL have with broadcast and print media.

There are certainly contractual obligations with tv who pay for that privilege. Newspapers however have never had contractual obligations as they pay nothing into our game. They are given access in order for them to PROMOTE our club and upcoming games. If anyone can show me evidence that they are regularly holding up their end of the bargain and promoting our club instead of continual lies, sniping, slagging then I'm ready to read it.

I have said it many times and will say it again - CANCEL THE PRESS BRIEFINGS AND DENY FREE ACCESS TO SCOTTISH NEWSPAPERS.

There are certainly contractual obligations with tv who pay for that privilege. Newspapers however have never had contractual obligations as they pay nothing into our game. They are given access in order for them to PROMOTE our club and upcoming games. If anyone can show me evidence that they are regularly holding up their end of the bargain and promoting our club instead of continual lies, sniping, slagging then I'm ready to read it.

I have said it many times and will say it again - CANCEL THE PRESS BRIEFINGS AND DENY FREE ACCESS TO SCOTTISH NEWSPAPERS.

Some newspapers pay for access.

This is a Google Translate (ahem) - has to be better than none at all!

Welcome to Scotland! About 8,000 fans of the Glasgow Rangers are expected on Sunday to test against RB Leipzig. Special flights depart at the airport.

Leipzig. The Scots are coming! About 8,000 fans of the Glasgow Rangers are expected on Sunday to test against RB Leipzig. Whether the order of magnitude is reached, no one can say so exactly. But the Red Bulls have provided 4500 guest tickets for the Scots, and they are gone, confirmed the club on Friday. At the airport Leipzig-Halle even special flights land.

Already on Saturday come two machines from Glasgow, except the series, the airport confirmed against LVZ.de. Whether the Rangers are on board is unclear. At 1:45 hrs the Airbus of Germania hangs. 215 people fit on board, and "the flight is booked", a spokeswoman for the airline on request. On Saturday at 5 pm, a Cityjet-Flyer with a capacity of almost 100 seats landed.

Where other thousands of Rangers supporters are coming to the city is not clear. Also in Berlin on the day before the test game flights from the Scottish football metropolis. And among the nearly 1000 Leipzigers with roots in the kingdom, there might also be Rangers supporters.

Extra Football Fantour packages from the Leipzig Tourism and Marketing GmbH (LTM) do not exist. "The fans are self-organized," says Andreas Schmidt. But the tourists are happy about the game of the island: "The RB game against the Scots is doing us good," says Schmidt. This is the reason why international fans came to Leipzig, which generally stayed longer and thus left more money in the city than the locals. They shared all the guests' fans: "They act as multipliers," says Schmidt. No wonder that the LTM lawn shooting a crowd puller with the Tourism Award 2016 distinguished.

Glasgow languishes after international stage

Main thing, the fan feels comfortable. So populated Schalke supporters in December the Christmas market , "and I have experienced that the fans like in downtown use the pubs and shops," says Schmidt. To ensure that everything works on Sunday, had news portal Daily Record the Glasgow-battle loafers an extensive compendium of advice from Zoo excursion to beer prices added to the hand.

It is clear: the Glasgow Rangers fans are eager for an international stage. The success story of the first league game was stopped by an insolvency in 2012. After that, the club, which was affectionately called "The Gers" or "The Teddy Bears", was downgraded to the 4th league. The first four-game match still took place in front of almost 50,000 spectators. Then the Tippel-Tappel-Tour started back into the football upper house. Since this season, the Glasgow players are playing again in the first league, are currently in second place behind their arch rival Celtic Glasgow.

Testspiel back and forth, Leipzig should be perfect for the Scots in many ways. With the Red Bulls, she expects a high-class opponent, as an encore they can experience their Scottish national player Oliver Burke in action. Ergo: The Scots in Leipzig can not lose

More from 'SportBuzzer'

Scottish thousands fans expected - City expects traffic restrictions

According to Scottish media, on Sunday, up to 8,000 Glasgow Rangers fans want to watch the test against RB in Leipzig. The city expects, among other things, considerable traffic restrictions.

| Article published: January 13 2017 20:00 | Article updated: January 13, 2017 23:18

Tausende-schottische-Fans-erwartet-Stadt-rechnet-mit-Verkehrseinschraenkungen_pdaBigTeaser.jpg

Leipzig. Leipzig is expecting a lot of Scottish fans to play for the test of the RB Leipzig against Glasgow Rangers on Sunday. According to a report from the Glasgow daily Daily Record, even 8,000 fans of the Scottish recordmaker want to come to Leipzig. The city counted in the vicinity of the stadium with considerable traffic restrictions.

The fans of the Glasgow Rangers are reached via the main station. From the west side of the station, shuttle buses take you to the Red Bull Arena. In the opinion of the city, however, there is still a considerable amount of pedestrian traffic between the city center and the sportsforum. As usual, Leipzig fans are asked to take the public transport to the Red Bull Arena.

In order to ensure escape routes, the city arranges bans on the Goyastrasse, Eitingtonstraße, the Cottaweg and Am Sportforum at the riverbank. For more information about how to get there, please visit http://www.leipzig.de/anreise-red-bull-arena.

Koku

And this is exactly why, dB, your observation in another thread about belting out banned songs would be so self-harming. Doesn't matter if in another country for a friendly, the anti-Rangers media would lap it up and make us out to be bigots en masse

Ahem ... no. As I pointed out in the other thread already. In essence, the Germans will have no clue what we are singing about - IF we actually sing any naughty songs. SHOULD we sing the odd song now "banned", we should consider that this is a) not a game in Britain, b) not a game under UEFA or anyone else's jurisdiction, c) not banned here and d) ... what next? If someone belts out e.g. TBB on Berlin's Alexanderplatz and a Yahoo happens by, will the Police take that chap in because a Yahoo feels ... ahem ... what exactly?

I'm no fan of songs that will harm the club. Yet, as has been pointed out, no matter whether we'll offer them amunition, they are always finding their own stuff to put us into a bad light anyway. And, essentially, only us. They started their campaign of hate from 2007 onwards, went to ever greater extremes and cry havoc if that new law (or anything else) is actually used on them. And the compliant media just joins in.

I just hope that every Bear visiting this place is safe, doesn't overstep the limits (at least not any more than what football fans usually do) and has a good day out there. Despite the rain, the snow, the cold and some half-witted would-be anarchists looking for some fame.

More about the German article later.

Edited by der Berliner

A quick translation ... and it is, well, rather sober a report.

The Scots are coming!

About 8,000 fans of Glasgow Rangers are expected on Sunday to play a friendly game against RB Leipzig. It is not known whether these numbers will indeed be reached, but the 4,500 away tickets sent by Leipzig to the Scots are indeed gone, as confirmed by the club on Friday. And special flights will arrive at the Leipzig-Halle airport too.

On Saturday two planes from Glasgow will arrive, outside from the normal schedule, as the airport confirmed to LVZ.de. It was not clear whether the Rangers team will be on board. In any case, at 1:45 p.m., an Airbus of Germania will arrive, with all 215 seats being sold out, a spokeswoman for the airline confirmed upon request. On Saturday at 5 p.m., a Cityjet plane with a capacity of almost 100 seats is scheduled as well.

How the other thousands of Rangers supporters are coming to the city is not yet clear. Planes from the Scottish metropolis will arrive in Berlin on the day before the test game, while there might be Rangers supporters amongst the roughly 1.000 residents of Leipzig with UK roots too.

There won't be any extra Football Fantour packages from the Leipzig Tourism and Marketing GmbH (LTM). "These fans are self-organized," says Andreas Schmidt. But the tourists board is happy about the guests from Britain: "The RB game against the Scots are going to help us," says Schmidt. International fans will come to Leipzig, who will generally stay longer and thus leave more money in the city than the locals. For one thing is shared by all guests' fans: "They act as multipliers," says Schmidt. No wonder that the LTM awarded RB Leipzig - as a main crowd puller in the area - the Tourism Award 2016.

Glasgow lusts after the international stage

The main thing is that the fan feels comfortable. Schalke supporters populated the Christmas market in December, "and I have experienced that the fans like the pubs and shops in downtown Leipzig," says Schmidt. To ensure that everything works on Sunday, the news portal Daily Record handed the Glasgow supporters an extensive compendium of advice: from Zoo excursion to beer prices.

One thing is clear: the Glasgow Rangers fans are eager for the international stage. The success story of the top tier side was abruptly stopped in 2012 by an insolvency event. After that, the club - which is affectionately called "The Gers" or "The Teddy Bears" - was downgraded to the 4th league. The first game in the 4th tier game still took place in front of almost 50,000 spectators. Then the rocky tour back into the football upper house started. Since this season, the Glasgow team is playing in the top league again, and is currently in second place behind their arch rival Celtic Glasgow.

Friendly game or not, Leipzig should be perfect for the Scots in many ways. With the Red Bulls, they face a top-class opponent, and in adddition, they can experience their Scottish international Oliver Burke in action. Ergo: The Scots in Leipzig cannot lose.