[FT] RB Leipzig 4 - 0 Rangers

It is an anti-Nazi song, not anti-German, as the Sun puts it. Should the Germans understand it, they will not condemn it. The guy posting the stuff on the net is the one who runs the Berlin CSC. It is like the planting of the Yahoo posing as a Nil by Mouth "neutral" in the Rangers end in Eindhoven in te days when it all started off.

It is a smear campaign, and the compliant media makes a story of it. The world sees jubilant football fans ... and the odd drunkard.

Sidenote, in the article about Nacho Nov being sent off recently, I noted him being sent death threads in September 2016. It took me 10 secs to verify that on google ... and gues what, not a single line on the first 4 pages of the google scan from the Daily Record or Scottish Sun. Just saying.

Anyway, about an hour pre KO and I'm going in football mode now.

I would assume we'll start with our usual formation and change players during the game. Wonder whether we'll trial a 3-4-3 again to give our back some cover, even though it remains to be seen how strong the RBL line-up will actually be, since they had some injury and fitness problems too. Main thread is obviously Werner, their main striker, Poulsen (2nd striker), as well as midfielders Forsberg and Keita.

Let's hope we are fit and raring to go and give a good account of ourselves.

Legal Livestreams from MDR

http://www.mdr.de/mediathek/livestreams/fernsehen/index.html

and Servus TV

http://www.servustv.com/de/Live (German version) or http://www.servustv.com/at/Live (Austrian version)

... you may have to set your IP to a non-British location to watch them, but I don't know whether that is applicable here.

I worked in Germany for years. One Christmas we had a night out with both German and Brit workers from our factory. Towards the end of the night a couple of the guys stood on a table, lifted beer glasses to their eyes and did the Dambusters tune. Our German shop manager took no offence and replied with a German song called London's Burning.

It's called banter but the press here don't want to look at it that way. I await the demands for passports to be confiscated.