In the last couple of months he has played much better and I think that some of that is down to confidence - he had a couple of good games, not as many fans on his case - but his good form also seems to have coincided with WS taking over the reins.

Long may it continue - because in his current form he is more than a squad player - however, he would do well to remember that you are only as good as your last game.

To be honest i think it coincides with the absence of Burke. I think he is much more suited to playing with Nacho as he and Burke get in each others road and he knows Nacho will cover for him if he makes a forward run.

To be honest i think it coincides with the absence of Burke. I think he is much more suited to playing with Nacho as he and Burke get in each others road and he knows Nacho will cover for him if he makes a forward run.

That's a fair point, i wouldn't mind seeing Burke more central playing just behind two strikers as he's a tricky wee player and very direct

That's a fair point, i wouldn't mind seeing Burke more central playing just behind two strikers as he's a tricky wee player and very direct

We'd sure get alot of free kicks our way if he played in the centre more, he'd get chopped down every time he got the ball.

Tricky wee guy, you gotta love him, lol.

We'd sure get alot of free kicks our way if he played in the centre more, he'd get chopped down every time he got the ball.

Tricky wee guy, you gotta love him, lol.

I honestly think he would score a load of goals with his directness, he isn't afraid to have a shot, and to be fair he couldn't cross the road so he's not your typical winger :D

I honestly think he would score a load of goals with his directness, he isn't afraid to have a shot, and to be fair he couldn't cross the road so he's not your typical winger :D

He may not be afraid to shoot but his shooting is worse than his crossing....

Could/should be in the Scotland squad, as were not rich in that department

Just said the same thing in the Scotland thread.

Heard nothing of McNamara down at Wolves but concede he may be doing well. Just suprised if he is as surely the impartial media woudl be trumpeting his cause. And is Murty playing regular.

He's surely a better option than those in the squad?

Just said the same thing in the Scotland thread.

Heard nothing of McNamara down at Wolves but concede he may be doing well. Just suprised if he is as surely the impartial media woudl be trumpeting his cause. And is Murty playing regular.

He's surely a better option than those in the squad?

Come on guy's don't get carried away. A month ago people wanted to hang him.

Let him get more consistent for Rangers before we talk about Scotland.

Come on guy's don't get carried away. A month ago people wanted to hang him.

Let him get more consistent for Rangers before we talk about Scotland.

Some people did a month ago. I, however, have been praising Alan for well over the past 3 months. Has been getting far more abuse than he deserves. And even if he's not the best RB in the world thats irrelevant, he just has to be one of the better Scottish ones, and thats not so hard.

Some people did a month ago. I, however, have been praising Alan for well over the past 3 months. Has been getting far more abuse than he deserves. And even if he's not the best RB in the world thats irrelevant, he just has to be one of the better Scottish ones, and thats not so hard.

I just couldn't believe it was the same player after his leg break. He looked so calm and controlled before but seemed to be running around like a headless chicken after the injury. Hopefully he will now go on to become the talent most thought he was, as a good attacking fullback is a great asset.

Yeah I said he should have played there in the 2nd leg in Osasuna. That way he doesnt over flood the central midfield and would tend to stay in the opposition half and hit on the break.

He could still be done with toughing up a bit though.

As for Hutton - IMO He should be in the Scotland squad on merit, he is my player of the month in the SPL by a mile. He has done superbly against Hibs Celtic and Aberdeen - The 3 other better sides in the league after ourselves.

I read the other day on BBC that McNamara had been playing well for Wolves. He retired last year and is now 33/34 so Hutton should be in the squad for long term solution.