I just couldn't believe it was the same player after his leg break. He looked so calm and controlled before but seemed to be running around like a headless chicken after the injury. Hopefully he will now go on to become the talent most thought he was, as a good attacking fullback is a great asset.

Yep took him a while to get back towards the required standard after the injury. But he looks to be there now. :thup:

Guest brother426

He's definitely played well recently.....going forward he looks the part and plays some good balls into the box...but defensively he's still guilty of ball watching and getting pulled out of position

Hutton has done well and most notably in the absence of Smith. We could have two pretty good full backs when Stevie gets back.

Murray has been pretty poor at left back in my opinion - but that's in comparison to Smith.

Hutton's played very well recently and has improved when I'm sure a lot of fans had written him off. Obviously he's nowhere near the finished article yet, but he's still a young lad.

Bluetooth - how can you say that when he's turned things around to the point where he's maybe having a poor game every one in 7 or so, rather than just the odd good game now?

Hutton's played very well recently and has improved when I'm sure a lot of fans had written him off. Obviously he's nowhere near the finished article yet, but he's still a young lad.

Bluetooth - how can you say that when he's turned things around to the point where he's maybe having a poor game every one in 7 or so, rather than just the odd good game now?

I agree he is playing well at the moment and before his injury i really thought he was a real talent. I agree with Bluetooth in a small way in that 2 swallows don't make a summer he really has to show this form week in week out to prove he is the finished article.

He also has to get rid of these petty fouls and pushes that are getting him so many red cards.

Yes, his temper is the one thing he has to sort out, regardless of whatever other weaknesses he has.

I agree that he's got a long way to go yet, but saying he's only played well in 1 out of 6/7 matches is way off the mark.