Red Bull to invest in Rangers?

There may be more to the friendly next month than meets the eye but IIRC Red Bull said they weren't interested in investing in any UK teams (they'd been linked with Swindon as well). Shirt sponsorship is a bit different I guess but I'd put this down as unlikely.

A couple of cans of red bull for each of the starting 11 may be beneficial at times. As for anything more I suppose they may indeed be interested in a side who are so high profile and likely to be in European competition along the way.

Red Bull are an interesting company, who are in reality are not a drinks company that sponsor events, but an events company that just happen to make drinks, Frinstance, witness the amount of money they threw at Baumgartners space-dive.

Would any company touch us at the moment in our current predicament? And would we accept being called Red Bull Rangers?.

Not for me.

There is a lot of adverse stuff coming from the German football clubs re RB Leipzig. Snatching a license in 2009 from a local team (which is still in existence (and sure still benefitting from that deal)) and working their way up from the 5th tier over the years.

Spoke to a more level headed Schalke fan (themselves sponsored by Gazprom ... ) who said that she (!) can't understand all the fuzz by the rest of the clubs, who are by no means role models of the German game when it comes to business interest, how they are run and all. In contrast, RB has handed Leipzig a vastly modernized stadium (as some will see soon enough), and revamped the whole academy and youth setup of the club and what was there beforehand. They are indeed commended for the youth work going on behind the scenes ... and in a region bereft of "top tier" football for about three decades. There is quite a bit unused potential out there.

Thus, I would not expect RB throwing millions our way just for the sake of it. Likewise, I would assume that our board knows exactly what precarious position we are in right now and that it would be mad not to at least contemplate any RB involvement. Shirt sponsorship, renaming Auchenhowie or perhaps even Ibrox for a set number of years.

But maybe we just wait till something more concrete is being said.

Doesn't it look more like a twitter-wind-up attempt?

I think Jellybean on FF was winding the tims up. He also had them going into meltdown by getting a Boyd was better than Larsson discussion on to a radio Clyde show. He had made up a story that Puyol quoted that Boyd was better than Larsson. Gerry(?) from radio clyde had picked up on it on twitter.

Kerrydale Meltdown ‏

Turned Radio Clyde off last night after they actually stated a Puyol quote that Boyd was better than Larsson. Felt physically sick.

Kerrydale Meltdown ‏

Clyde can **** off. Boyd better than Henrik? What the **** does Puyol know about fitbaw? Zombie bastard.

Anyways, I think the chances of any deal are probably dead given wee Joey is away. I have it on good authority that a "Red Bull Gives Joey Barton Wings... (But he's a fucking zoomer anyway)" was being prepared. Needed a bit of work though.